Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hydrogen cell power model

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David Grantham

Hydrogen cell power model Empty
PostSubject: Hydrogen cell power model   Hydrogen cell power model EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 7:55 am

Looks like Andel Models might produce a hydrogen cell powered model diesel loco very soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QxZ0i96-cU

Does not have the attraction of a noisy ic engine but it is certainly different.

Ferrocarriles Espana Via Estrecha are currently testing a tram/train concept vehicle, on the one train a year line, between Llovio and Puerta Ribadesella in Asturias, using hydrogen cells.

Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Hydrogen cell power model   Hydrogen cell power model EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 1:03 pm

Interesting, but.... where would one go to buy hydrogen?
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Hydrogen cell power model   Hydrogen cell power model EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 3:53 pm

KleineDicke wrote:

Boil some coal ??? Hydrogen cell power model 63638
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Hydrogen cell power model   Hydrogen cell power model EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:36 pm

That's very enterprising of Andel Models and looks a successful model. Good find David.

I had a look at some of the many kits and d.i.y. stuff about and it may well be worth experimenting one day.

Fuel cells could certainly replace 'traditional' batteries in the future but can't replicate the raw rocking power of a Kyosho 2 stroke straight in-line single 12. Razz
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Hydrogen cell power model   Hydrogen cell power model EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:00 pm

GWhizz wrote:
KleineDicke wrote:

Boil some coal ??? Hydrogen cell power model 63638
Not a lot of hydrogen in coal. Sad
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Hydrogen cell power model   Hydrogen cell power model EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Certainly no substitute for the raw noise and power of a model live diesel, but I think FEVE are one of the leaders in the field with this form of motive power.

Additionally any organisation that can retain a branch line for one return working per annum deserves admiration, even though it is triple headed with 22 bogies.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Hydrogen cell power model   Hydrogen cell power model EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:57 pm

David Grantham wrote:

Additionally any organisation that can retain a branch line for one return working per annum deserves admiration, even though it is triple headed with 22 bogies.

Shocked

Any pictures.....?
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Hydrogen cell power model   Hydrogen cell power model EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 10:48 pm

Tren fluvial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=entBLYfRXlA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Fir2n8dQM

Cant find the triple header but will post when I do.
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Hydrogen cell power model   Hydrogen cell power model EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 11:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Hydrogen cell power model   Hydrogen cell power model EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:32 am

Impressive.

As best as I can understand it's all connected with the famous annual canoe race down the river Sella.

The coaches look distinctively 'Brissonneau' to me. I will find out.
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Hydrogen cell power model   Hydrogen cell power model EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:18 am

Spanglais version from a "Spanish rag"

The travelers, who may also purchase tickets for the first time online, enjoy on Saturday August 6th a special train, which also can be followed on the network. More than 800 people may continue to live this year the International Descent of the Sella LXXV aboard the train FEVE River. Similarly, several thousand people may continue the descent from the "Tren del Sella 2.0" and also enjoy it on Facebook, Twitter and the blog was opened 2 years ago.

The Train 2011 has specifically Sella 3-lounge car tourist train "Star of Biscay", 3-lounge cars, oldest of the "Historic Train" tourist train 5 cars "Costa Verde", and 4 coaches . These 4 cars are, for the first time, two vehicles of the 2600 series that will run trailers and towed without traction for locomotives, cars like simple. To power these cars because they do not have a generator itself, should be with their engines running, but if you pull. One of the vans will make a similar mission to "tame" the Talgo, to allow the motor coupling to the rest of the composition.

As before, part of LVEF River Train, which will Oviedo Station at 8:10 on Saturday August 6 Arriondas with arrival at 10:00. At this station we await the arrival of the convoy from Port that will Ribadesella 10:40. At noon both compositions have been together, splitting the full composition at 12:15 Arriondas Station from where he will drive 20 miles standard parallel to the River Sella and pace of the canoes to watch the race from the point of view privileged.

After the fall around 13:15, "The Sella Train" will be stopped until 14:30 in Ribadesella Port, from where start the way back to Oviedo where he is scheduled to arrive about 16:55.

LXXV For this edition of the International Descent of the Sella, FEVE available for public sale of 600 seats. Tickets can be purchased online for the first time in the direction www.trenesturisticosdelnorte.com, where you will get a voucher to redeem at the offices of FEVE Tourist Trains (Railway Square s / n, Oviedo). In addition, tickets are also available at the box office of Oviedo, Gijón, Arriondas and Ribadesella. The ticket price is 40 € and you can use that same day at any train of LVEF in Asturias.

This service has many peculiarities LVEF, as well as a special speed runs to follow the course of the trial, the train makes several stops in the middle way for travelers to get close to the banks of the river and encourage paddlers .

The toot of the locomotive is the warning for all to follow the train back to the canoes. The second peculiarity is the infrastructure, and this train, which runs only on this special day is the only movement that knows Ribadesella Llovio branch-Port. The branch was an ancient port access to download mine production Buferrera mines in Covadonga.

For decades, the service ended, but the roads are maintained and serve to circulate annual holiday train in Spain. This way this summer will also see the first tests of circular tram FEVE hydrogen being developed in collaboration with the Cidaut.
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Hydrogen cell power model   Hydrogen cell power model EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 11:07 am

Mad Errr wow David - I think I understood the Spanish version better. Very Happy This is how they read the English news on Alicante Radio. I saw something re: the Hydrogen Power a while back - but I must admit I did not know about this once a year thing, talk about eccentricity.

And just to whet the appetite so to speak and hijack the thread - who will be first to build something from THIS technology ?

Pass the salt please?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hydrogen cell power model   Hydrogen cell power model Empty

Back to top Go down

Hydrogen cell power model
Page 1 of 1