Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Simple smoke generator for buildings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paulus

Paulus

Simple smoke generator for buildings Empty
PostSubject: Simple smoke generator for buildings   Simple smoke generator for buildings EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:24 am

I found this on Youtube. It's an easy way to use a LGB (or other brand) smoke stack and a smoke fluid storage tank for instance in a building. It smokes for about 45 minutes.

Back to top Go down
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: Simple smoke generator for buildings   Simple smoke generator for buildings EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 10:48 am

a nother,cleaner, way is to use a water mister.. very cheap off e bay,, uses just water... im pondering useing them in my biuldings..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=water+fogger&_frs=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m359
Back to top Go down
http://www.lazygrangebay.co.uk/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Simple smoke generator for buildings   Simple smoke generator for buildings EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 11:52 am

They are very effective Mike but you may need to experiment to contain the water in a small space as they bubble and splash a fair bit.

I use a small one for effects at school (Halloween, Harry Potter etc.) in a cauldron.

I never really thought about it for the trains but now you've mentioned it...... Idea

The smoke mist is very fine ionised water vapour and completely harmless.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Simple smoke generator for buildings   Simple smoke generator for buildings EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:39 pm

Those little water misters look good! I always thought those were bigger machines.

Strangly enough those little ones are not on Dutch Ebay (only the UK seller).
I found a small one on Conrad but with awful LED;s and described as to use for indoor (humidity control and aroma????).

I'll make a visit to a garden centre next week to see if they have those little ones.

Using water is off course also better than using chemicals.
But will they also function beneath 0 degrees Celcius? Not that I had to worry about that in a winter like this...

Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Simple smoke generator for buildings   Simple smoke generator for buildings EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:58 pm

I think I use the idea in the video for my 'steam' railcar Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple smoke generator for buildings   Simple smoke generator for buildings Empty

Back to top Go down

Simple smoke generator for buildings
Page 1 of 1