Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Citroën HY 1/24 scale

Go down 
+3
GWhizz
tram47
Carl Hibbs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Citroën HY 1/24 scale Empty
PostSubject: Citroën HY 1/24 scale   Citroën HY 1/24 scale EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:21 pm

There is a new (to me) company called Welly who are now producing a Citroën HY 'tube' in 1/24 scale

Here is one shop selling them in red and also available in grey. They can be found new on e bay too.
http://www.tacot.com/listings/citroen-hy-fourgon-red-welly-70540-0
I have just ordered one and will see how it compares with the old Solido 1/18 model.
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: Citroën HY 1/24 scale   Citroën HY 1/24 scale EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:05 pm

obviously, everyone expects the photos!!
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Citroën HY 1/24 scale   Citroën HY 1/24 scale EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:05 pm

Welly have a whole range of models including the 2CV which are frequently seen on German Citroën HY 1/24 scale 969897
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: Citroën HY 1/24 scale   Citroën HY 1/24 scale EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:39 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
There is a new (to me) company called Welly who are now producing a Citroën HY 'tube' in 1/24 scale

Here is one shop selling them in red and also available in grey. They can be found new on e bay too.
http://www.tacot.com/listings/citroen-hy-fourgon-red-welly-70540-0
I have just ordered one and will see how it compares with the old Solido 1/18 model.

if you can ,please
Back to top Go down
http://www.lazygrangebay.co.uk/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Citroën HY 1/24 scale   Citroën HY 1/24 scale EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:28 pm

Well the (small) parcel came within 36 hours.... Smile

I'll leave it to you to decide which is the better model from the pics.

The Solido model is listed as scale 1:18 but underneath mine says échelle 1/21 which it certainly never is!
The solido model is ...more solid. The metal is thicker and more chunky.

They are actually of different models of the HY. The Solido represents an earlier model I suspect with the split screen.

Citroën HY 1/24 scale Hy00210

Citroën HY 1/24 scale Hy00410

Citroën HY 1/24 scale Hy00610

Citroën HY 1/24 scale Hy00110

And for comparison with a 1:25 scale model VW from Maisto.

Citroën HY 1/24 scale Hy00910

Citroën HY 1/24 scale Hy01010

some principal dimensions in mm are as follows:

LOA Solido = 200 Welly = 160 Real (divided by 22.5)= 190
WB S = 120 W = 95 R = 112
Width S = 95 W = 75 R = 76
Height S = 110 W = 90 R = 102
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: Citroën HY 1/24 scale   Citroën HY 1/24 scale EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:40 pm

at the level of the characters, I prefer the grey!
Back to top Go down
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: Citroën HY 1/24 scale   Citroën HY 1/24 scale EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:41 pm

bugger..i have two off the solidio ones...but they look big.. but the red one looks small..dam
Back to top Go down
http://www.lazygrangebay.co.uk/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Citroën HY 1/24 scale   Citroën HY 1/24 scale EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 8:57 am

Yes, one is too big and the other is too small!

However in the garden certainly you can probably use both artistically if they are not together.
I prefer the proportions of the Welly one and at exhibitions it will look better, fit on a wagon as a load and may even make into a rail conversion as a draisine....I feel another project coming on. Idea

The Welly btw has a sliding door on one side but the front 'suicide' doors don't open.

The Citroën HY is quite a low van compared to a modern types and the door top is only just above my head when standing alongside and I'm almost a midget. tongue

It would be really beneficial if the manufacturers could standardise and be more consistent with their scales. There isn't a great deal in actual 1:22 for vehicles.

Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Citroën HY 1/24 scale   Citroën HY 1/24 scale EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Citroën HY 1/24 scale 2012-03-03-17-20-01
I guess it depends on what size pizza you prefer Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Citroën HY 1/24 scale   Citroën HY 1/24 scale EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
Yes, one is too big and the other is too small!

However in the garden certainly you can probably use both artistically if they are not together.

Very good point, there is this idea of "forced perspective" - putting large items in the foreground and smaller and smaller into the distance.

On my layout I've used 1:18 figures in the foreground, near my favourite operating position, right down to 1:32 and smaller in the distance.

It works great until you park an LGB train right next to the 1:32 farm buildings

Back to top Go down
Clarkmeggs

Clarkmeggs

PostSubject: Re: Citroën HY 1/24 scale   Citroën HY 1/24 scale EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 10:07 pm

My early summer vide grenier bargain hunting found both a Tube and a 1:24 VW Michelin van. The alleged 1:20 scale Tube looks right while VW does looks small. The LGB figures have also always looked small to me as well.

The attached photo shows it next to the Station building which I built roughly as 1:20 along with LGB and GRS kit rolling stock. (The VW is picking up tyres on the other side of the Station.) I agree that you mix the scales if you keep them apart.

Peter

Also note the aerial plum bombardment and leaves on the track.

Citroën HY 1/24 scale DSC_0165
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: Citroën HY 1/24 scale   Citroën HY 1/24 scale EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:21 am

It's just about looking right, isn't it?

The Solido HY is too "big", at 1/21 because the original is actually very small for a van...but it's acceptable if it's not next to the Welly one, which is probably nearer "right" but looks small. The Solido HY is 1/21 but is in their 1/18 range - rubber ruler so the box is the same size as their 1/18 cars. These are collectors' scale now - if you want a Ferrari with all the detail (but 1/18 cars are monsters on a 1/22 railway).

I came across yet another scale: 1/26.

Citroën HY 1/24 scale IMG_1231

Ive never seen Saico (with apologies to Stuart Pearce/Alfred Hitchcock) before.They don't seem to have a UK retail distributor. All their 1/26 range is variations on the Morris 1000 - vans including a very nice Royal Mail Van, saloon, convertible, estate. I found this one, of all places, in the gift shop at the Glasgow Transport Museum.

But once again, it looks OK.

Citroën HY 1/24 scale IMG_1242

Burago Bugatti (nominally 1/24), LGB figures, Pola garage, Solido HY..I'll live with it!
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Citroën HY 1/24 scale   Citroën HY 1/24 scale EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 6:30 pm

philkelly wrote:
It's just about looking right, isn't it?

The Solido HY is too "big", at 1/21 !

You're right Phil, but having picked up the Palmolive and Origina Solida versions at Les Pins vide grenier this afternoon for 25 euro for the pair, I'm more than happy!

This plus the passenger car you passed on to me yesterday, I've had more than a good weekend in the acquisition stakes!

Huge thanks to you and Dorothy for hosting us yesterday - see you in Chatellerault!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Citroën HY 1/24 scale   Citroën HY 1/24 scale Empty

Back to top Go down

Citroën HY 1/24 scale
Page 1 of 1