Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anybody here with some RailBoss experience?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Paulus

Paulus

Anybody here with some RailBoss experience?  Empty
PostSubject: Anybody here with some RailBoss experience?    Anybody here with some RailBoss experience?  EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:36 pm

Anyone has experience with the G-ScaleGraphics RailBossPlus? I can't seem to end the calibration process...

I was hoping someone here had some experience with it and faced the same problem.

I complete the binding procedure succesfully but when I start to calibrate as described on page 9 of the RailBoss Plus manual it all goes well untill step 5 and 6;
I give the direction stick a momentary down command to exit calibration as described in step 5 but the LED refuses to flash 3 times as it is described in step 6. Instead it keeps continues to flash (heartbeat, not fast). 
The calibration can not be finnished. If I try to use the engine there is  no responce at all and I can't ride the engine.

I've tried all sorts of things, including holding the direction stick down longer or shorter and retried the binding and calibration procedures several times over again.

The RailBoss Plus is installed correct and was not changed or removed since last time it worked well. The unit is build in a freightcar and connected to a LGB Stainz. Only the motor of the Stainz is connected (no connection to lights or sound). I do not use all other options of it (so no connection to sound modules or lights etc.).
I'm using the recommended HobbyKing 4 channel 2.4G transmitter.

I've been fighting with is the last few hours and I'm getting very frustrated. I'm at the point of just give the whole thing away and buy me a cheap speedcontroler
What is it that I do wrong?
Back to top Go down
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here with some RailBoss experience?    Anybody here with some RailBoss experience?  EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 10:14 pm

Try changing batteries in Tx & or RX.
This problem happened once to me. By changing batteries the problem fixed itself. Dont know if this will help, but give it a try.

I use a Hobbyking system but not railboss part.

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/satr/2point4GHz.htm system

Regards from Andrew

Sandbar & Mudcrab Railway
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here with some RailBoss experience?    Anybody here with some RailBoss experience?  EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 1:21 pm

Thanks for the advise Andrew and sorry for my late reply. I.m gonna give it a try this weekend. I'm charging up the battery from the reciever now and try some other AA cells in the transmitter.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here with some RailBoss experience?    Anybody here with some RailBoss experience?  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:22 pm

It helped!!!
I recharged the reciever batteries and it works now?!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here with some RailBoss experience?    Anybody here with some RailBoss experience?  EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 9:18 pm

That is good news!

Cheers from Andrew
Sandbar & Mudcrab Railway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody here with some RailBoss experience?    Anybody here with some RailBoss experience?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody here with some RailBoss experience?
Page 1 of 1