Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Neuilly Vap'eure

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:14 pm

I/we have been invited to participate in a show on May 25th and 26th at Neuilly sur Eure, 61290 which is a nice village about 90 kms due south from me, almost half way between Alençon and Chartres.

As I shall not be exhibiting at the CFBS nor Ferrovi'art this year, I have accepted with pleasure.

The organisers came and spoke to me at Railexpo and contacted me yesterday by e mail.

I shall be taking the portable layout and the Cidrerie (somehow...) although I don't think they'll be connected together.

I am waiting for further details and joining instructions but I don't expect any remuneration. Of course there is an open invitation for anyone to attend especially to help and bring stock. The emphasis is on live steam and diesel of course.

Accomodation could be possible chez moi and depending on further details I may 'commute' anyway.

Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 8:45 pm

Keep me in mind for this one as well!
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
fm12

fm12

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:25 pm

Yes I`m in for this show.Will bring my accy Leader with 4 items of freight rolling stock.

Will probably ride up on the Friday if the weather is good,otherwise might do a early start Sat morning in the car.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:16 am

As as soon as I have more details about this show I will let you know. As yet I don't have much information and there's not really very much on web about this and I couldn't find many pictures either.

But it will be in the Salle des FĂȘtes at Neuilly sur Eure.

I will most likely commute from home each day which is 1 1/2 hours.

Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Might be that if Brian is attending,it would be better for us to car share.Will sort things out nearer the date.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:53 am

fm12 wrote:
Might be that if Brian is attending,it would be better for us to car share.Will sort things out nearer the date.
Yes happy to consider that!
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 7:57 pm

Bump.

Any further news on the show Carl?

The date is inked in the diary.

As above will bring my accy leader and rolling stock.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:25 pm

No further news at the moment but I expect it to proceed. Planned in my diary too.

BTW, all work has ceased at the present time here as we are under about half a metre of snow and more to come with temperatures down to -10°.
Neuilly Vap'eure 943112

I was cutting the grass in sunshine and a sweltering 14° Saturday!
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 8:59 pm

You northerners are tough,you`ll manage.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 8:26 pm

Had an e mail from the organisers to confirm presence.

We will be in a marquee...(getting use to this now!)

So those who are coming please let me know if you can.
I'm just taking the portable layout and not the cidrerie.

Simple accomodation chez moi available gratos if anyone is coming from the north?

There is an organised meal at the event on Saturday evening which you have to pay for about 15€ if you want or take a chance with my wife's cooking which is free. I'm doing the latter and washing up!

Van, you can pick up your diesel from here if you wish (if it survives the CFBS).

It's an interesting event, not just trains but lot's of steam and mechanical models.

This may be my last for the year as I'm thinking about a short hiatus and even Railexpo maybe doubtful.

Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:30 am

Ok for the show and pickup.I`ll overnight around Neuilly,but I`ll take you up on your wife`s cooking Carl. You look good on it,so it must be good.

Broadband is cr*p round here,its just taken 10 minutes to post the message above.

I`d be better off with two cans and a long length of string.(rant over)
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Might still attend!

Van, PM sent!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:38 am

It start at 2pm on Saturday and 10am on Sunday. I'll be there 8am-9am on both days.

I will now have a meal with the club and organisers (cost 15 euros) on Saturday before going home and returning Sunday. They seem friendly and welcoming.

If anyone else wants the meal let me know.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 3:37 am

I am planning to come, travelling up with Van. Van and I have exchanged PM's and he is making the arrangements. I presume we would both join you for the meal.

Van, can you confirm?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:53 am

Where are you planning to stay? Van was talking about staying around Neuilly but you are both welcome to kip here. I'm about 85kms away.

Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 4:06 am

Yep Meal at the show no probs.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptySat May 11, 2013 4:30 am

Spoke to Van last night, we're planning to stay locally Friday and Saturday nights (Van is booking) heading back later on Sunday!
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyThu May 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Hi Carl / Van

Just sent an email re final arrangements
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyThu May 23, 2013 4:58 pm

All ready and eager to go....
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyFri May 24, 2013 6:34 am

Not ready but eager to go
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyMon May 27, 2013 8:28 pm

Finally home at 2.30am this morning after a very interesting weekend at Neuilly.

Huge thanks again to Carl for his excellent "Resau"; the Warm welcome we received from APTVNE ( Amicables Petit Train Vapeur Neuilly sur Eure); and Van for all the driving.

There was once a metre gauge track here, as evidenced by the station sign held by L to R
Van, Carl, Brian...
Neuilly Vap'eure Neuill10

more pics video later in the week.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyTue May 28, 2013 7:42 pm

I'm becoming a midget. Shocked

It was a very enjoyable weekend, not exactly from a crowded spectator point of view but friendly, amicable company.
Thanks to Brian and Van for all the help and hardwork especially staying to dismantle and clear up despite 6+ hours of travel.

My photos are terrible and not really worth showing.

So what's next?

Some possible doubt over participation at the next RailExpo or I may just participate in a different way.

......But we were talking to a chap who is involved with:
http://cvdpchitenay.free.fr/
They operate a large club circuit 45mm/32mm plus ride on gauges with excellent facilities near Blois.
We are invited to use this circuit and I thought this could develop into a CG Trains open weekend next year.
We can pitch tents, park caravans and there is good local accomodation.
Centre Parcs (Sologne) and the metre gauge Blanc-Argent is not far. It is good horse riding country too so a long family weekend could be possible with something for everyone.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyWed May 29, 2013 6:47 am

I think that's an excellent idea Carl - go for it!

In the meantime a few more pics from the weekend...

Setting Up
Neuilly Vap'eure Nv110

[i]We weren't the biggest gauge/scale there, This one 62mm track.

Neuilly Vap'eure Nv210

Even bigger outside
Neuilly Vap'eure Nv510

"I wonder if this would fit in Van's pick up? - Caroline could do with a baling machine"
Neuilly Vap'eure Nv1010

Seychelles Diesel - The Official Handover
Neuilly Vap'eure Nv610

My Live Diesel - Before the pins on the direct coupling failed on a curve pulling a train of 5 wagons
Neuilly Vap'eure Nv410

My Ragleth Chassis awaiting steam up
Neuilly Vap'eure Nv810[img][/img]

Last edited by GWhizz on Wed May 29, 2013 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyWed May 29, 2013 6:51 am

Carl Hibbs wrote:
I'm becoming a midget.

NO it's just that Van is getting bigger - Just imagine being squeezed into the cab of a Nissan Pick Up with him for 6 hours Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure EmptyWed May 29, 2013 3:44 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
I'm becoming a midget. Shocked

I think "vertically challenged" is the correct term these days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Neuilly Vap'eure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neuilly Vap'eure   Neuilly Vap'eure Empty

Back to top Go down

Neuilly Vap'eure
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Events-
Jump to: