Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hobbyking receivers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Hobbyking receivers Empty
PostSubject: Hobbyking receivers   Hobbyking receivers EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 4:34 pm

I know a few of you are using Hobbyking 2.4 Ghz equipment notably:
HobbyKing T4A/T6A transmitters and the 6 channel receivers (HKTR6A).

I use also the even cheaper HK GT2 2 channel tx with 3 ch rx.

I am going to replace all my old RC equipment with these as I'm fed up with radio glitching and to save space.

But what I don't want is a lot of transmitters so I tried binding 2 receivers to one transmitter using the HK GT2. They both work fine! Very Happy
So now I need to find if multiple binding on the HKT4A works okay. Has anyone tried this yet? I haven't as I only have one receiver for this.

Then I need to know how many receivers can be bound to one transmitter.

I've ordered a few more from Hobbyking!
Note: shipping from their Netherlands wharehouse to France is only about 2 euros for a small package.
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Hobbyking receivers   Hobbyking receivers EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:34 pm

I haven't done it myself, but I read on another forum somewhere that it was possible. Might have been one of Greg Hunter's (the guy who first turned me on to HobbyKing) posts. I don't think there's a limit; binding is a function of the receiver. It can be bound to only one transmitter, but the transmitter doesn't care who it's beaming to. It's like a radio broadcast - there's no limit to how many listeners can tune it. There are however, two different versons of the HKT4A, which use different receivers, so the transmitter and receiver must match.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Hobbyking receivers   Hobbyking receivers EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 3:45 am

YES it works fine! I have two 6ch Rx's bound to one Transmitter!

The only incompatability I found with HK kit is the Version 1 and 2 systems do not work together, I found out when I put the Edrig into the pond, and it blew the V1 receiver. In the meantime HK had switched to V2 kit and I had to replace both Tx and Rx. Embarassed
Shame the V1 RX's had a nifty little plug in remote receiverTR6A which the V2's don't.

Anyone one want a HKT4A V1 transmitter and remote receiver - gratis Smile

Carl, if you need a set urgently, I bought a spare Tx/Rx with my last HK order and can bring to CFBS if you want?
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Hobbyking receivers   Hobbyking receivers EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 6:46 am

Thanks Bill and Brian.

I don't need them urgently and it's possible mine will arrive before next week anyway, but thanks for the offer.
The Hobbyking entry level equipment is good value and for short range trains it's ideal.

I can now rationalize all my RC stuff using just 2 or 3 transmitters.

I was servicing one of the steam locos with its old FM set switched on and just touching round with a screwdrver was enough to cause glitching, and then I lost a crystal in the jungle of the workshop so enough is enough!

Anyone want a selection of old RC equipment? Laughing
Back to top Go down
GAP

PostSubject: Re: Hobbyking receivers   Hobbyking receivers EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 8:24 am

I currently run 2 locos from the same transmitter, I have gone one step further and modified 2 of my transmitters so that I can run 2 trains at the same time from each transmitter. I only have speed and direction control but that is good enough for me.
I am building a new loco and it will be bound to a transmitter labeled "Diesels" the same as the 2 currently bound to it.
I will only be able to run 2 of the 3 locos at the same time unfortunately, but how many trains do you want to control at the same time?
The HobbyKing method has given me an opportunity to enter the R/C way for my trains, while there are no bells and whistles it suits my purpose and budget just fine, without it I would not have a railway.
I followed the transmitter modification that is on Greg Hunters web site, I have an advantage in that I live only a couple of hours drive from him..
I understand that the idea came from someone in the USA and he and Greg put it out there.
I have the ability to run all my trains at the same time and sometimes run some in the opposite direction so that I have to actually "drive" my trains to reach the passing sidings to avoid collisions.
The changing of version numbers by HobbyKing does lead to some "configuration" issues but that is a minor issue.
My setup has 2 transmitters mounted on a slope table by hooks which I control my 4 locos, one labeled "Diesels" and the other "Steamers".
I have one old V1 setup and I installed that in my Accucraft "Ruby" R/c setup, the rest are V2 units
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Hobbyking receivers   Hobbyking receivers EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 3:47 pm

GAP wrote:
I understand that the idea came from someone in the USA and he and Greg put it out there.

I am that someone - Greg's co-conspiritor as it were What a Face.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Hobbyking receivers   Hobbyking receivers EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 6:19 pm

GAP wrote:

The changing of version numbers by HobbyKing does lead to some "configuration" issues but that is a minor issue.

Do I take from this, that the V1 transmitter can be "CONFIGURED" to work with V2 receivers????

If so, I'd be pleased to know how!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
GAP

PostSubject: Re: Hobbyking receivers   Hobbyking receivers EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 6:46 am

GWhizz wrote:
GAP wrote:

Do I take from this, that the V1 transmitter can be "CONFIGURED" to work with V2 receivers????

If so, I'd be pleased to know how!!

What I meant was that you must have a V1 Tx and Rx combination.

I work in the aviation industry and version/configuration control is part of the job especially in the software area.
Back to top Go down
GAP

PostSubject: Re: Hobbyking receivers   Hobbyking receivers EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 6:49 am

KleineDicke wrote:
GAP wrote:

I am that someone - Greg's co-conspiritor as it were What a Face.

Well its good to meet you Bill and thanks for the idea I love it.

Using it I can run 4 trains at the same time and if I run one in the opposite direction it makes my operating time real fun and games.
Back to top Go down
GAP

PostSubject: Re: Hobbyking receivers   Hobbyking receivers EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 6:55 am

On the subject of Hobbyking has anybody attempted or know of an installation of Hobby king R/C into a Bachmann 3 truck shay?

I have been lucky enough to obtain one rather cheaply, well I had to get married to get permission from SWMBO to buy it.

Things one does for trains.
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Hobbyking receivers   Hobbyking receivers EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:57 pm

GAP wrote:
On the subject of Hobbyking has anybody attempted or know of an installation of Hobby king R/C into a Bachmann 3 truck shay?

I have been lucky enough to obtain one rather cheaply, well I had to get married to get permission from SWMBO to buy it.

Is there an issue with space? Or is it something else? As far as the electronics is concerned, it should work.

Maybe SWMBO approved so she could install a little remote control on you. Razz
Back to top Go down
GAP

PostSubject: Re: Hobbyking receivers   Hobbyking receivers EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 12:34 am

KleineDicke wrote:
GAP wrote:

Is there an issue with space? Or is it something else? As far as the electronics is concerned, it should work.

Maybe SWMBO approved so she could install a little remote control on you. Razz

No issue with space that I know of, I am thinking more about access to the drive motors.
Basically what I do is strip out all the electronics and install my own.
As I have not seen the thing up close and personal yet, I am just asking around to try and identify any pitfalls.
SWMBO gave up trying to control me years ago, I am now on the "whatever" list, i.e. I say or do something and she just says "Whatever!" SmileSmileWink
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Hobbyking receivers   Hobbyking receivers EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 7:15 pm

Never seen a 3 truck Bachmann Shay up close myself, so I can't help you. silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hobbyking receivers   Hobbyking receivers Empty

Back to top Go down

Hobbyking receivers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: