Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz Empty
PostSubject: Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz   Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz EmptySat May 11, 2013 7:18 pm

I will be traveling to Germany on June 8 for business What a Face, and it just happens the Deutsche Bahn Museum in Koblenz is having their Sommerfest the weekend of June 8-9.
http://www.dbmuseum-koblenz.de/index.php/veranstaltungen/sommerfest-2013/informationen

Scheduled events includes eine Große Lokparade Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz 833270 Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz 833270 Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz 833270 Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz 833270 Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz 833270and fahrten mit dem ADLER-Zug. Looks like I'll be there on June 8 (wild horses couldn't keep me away) cheers. Anybody else close enough to consider joining in? Question

The also apparently have an LGB layout at the museum.

See you there?
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz   Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz EmptyThu May 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Just a bit too "Far East" for me. But should you be able to travel via Limoges, Cognac or Bordeaux, you'd be welcome here cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz   Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 9:58 pm

Thanks for the invite, Brian, but unfortunately, la belle France is not on my itinerary this time; I am flying to/from Frankfurt and my business is in Dormagen (near Cologne). Koblenz is nicely located between the two.

I do plan a side trip to Eindhoven to visit Paul and his family again Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz   Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:36 am

Looking forward to it! And it seems you are bringing some very nice (Texas?) weather with you to Europe! It will be a sunny day!

See you tomorrow! (did you get the PM?)
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz   Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 7:27 pm

I got your PM. I'll be posting some photos from Koblenz when I get back home again.
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz   Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 3:28 pm

Finally, some photos from Koblenz. Beginning in the repair shops (Koblenz used to be a major Deutsche Bahn repair facility).

Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz Gedc0010

Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz Gedc0011

Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz Gedc0012

Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz Gedc0013

This is a cutaway of a Bavarian "Glaskasten Lok" demonstrating how a steam locomotive works.
Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz Gedc0014

Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz Gedc0021

This next one is interesting; I know it's the law in Germany, but even if you cover it up, we all still know what's under there and what it stood for. Twisted Evil

Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz Gedc0015

Last edited by KleineDicke on Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz   Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Now we move outside. First, a photo of the replica "Der Adler" steaming down the rails.
Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz Gedc0016

The have an outdoor LGB layout at the museum.
Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz Gedc0017

and their own weather station.
Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz Gedc0018

A DB Pacific class steamed up and ready to go; I was surprised by how quite it was when underway (albiet slowly).
Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz Gedc0019

An interesting eLok:
Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz Gedc0020
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz   Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:01 pm

Very nice pictures Bill! Thanks for sharing.
Any pictures of the Selfkantbahn also?
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz   Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 1:48 pm

Paulus wrote:
Very nice pictures Bill! Thanks for sharing.
Any pictures of the Selfkantbahn also?

Coming soon. Perhaps some movies as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz   Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz Empty

Back to top Go down

Sommerfest at the DB Museum in Koblenz
Page 1 of 1