Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Journey Begins....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

The Journey Begins.... Empty
PostSubject: The Journey Begins....   The Journey Begins.... EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 9:58 pm

The UPS man dropped off a box today.
The Journey Begins.... Imag0210

What could it be?
The Journey Begins.... Imag0211

Inside the box is another box.
The Journey Begins.... Imag0212

The label on the box looks promising.
The Journey Begins.... Imag0213

It's certainly well packaged - almost like I'm not supposed to open it.
The Journey Begins.... Imag0214

After judicious application of a razor knife, and a little muscle, voila:
The Journey Begins.... Imag0215

The Journey Begins.... Imag0216

The Journey Begins.... Imag0217

Isn't she cute? I think I'll keep her. Seems to be well built - better than your average Chinese stuff. Can't wait to fire her up. That'll have to wait, though , since they didn't include any oil in the box, and I will have to get some butane as well.

A couple of more detail shots of the runing gear and the cab. BTW, 047 is the serial number.
The Journey Begins.... Imag0218

The Journey Begins.... Imag0219

More to come.....
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins....   The Journey Begins.... EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi Bill.
Nice looking loco.
Looking at the pics,two things spring to mind.
Wheres the drain off for the steam oil lubricater and where is the reverse lever.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins....   The Journey Begins.... EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:00 pm

It's a beauty Bill!!
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins....   The Journey Begins.... EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 2:01 pm

fm12 wrote:
Hi Bill.
Nice looking loco.
Looking at the pics,two things spring to mind.
Wheres the drain off for the steam oil lubricater and where is the reverse lever.

There is no drain; the instructions say to use a syringe to suck the water out out of the reservoir. The reverse lever is here:
The Journey Begins.... Dorare10
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins....   The Journey Begins.... EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 8:37 pm

Yes have spotted the reverser now.
Its no big deal not having a drain for the lubricator,its probably quicker to use the syringe anyway.
I see Accucraft do a UP bigboy,is that your next foray into live steam?

Once your loco is bedded in, can you let us know the running time please.
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins....   The Journey Begins.... EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 9:03 pm

fm12 wrote:
Yes have spotted the reverser now.
Its no big deal not having a drain for the lubricator,its probably quicker to use the syringe anyway.
I see Accucraft do a UP bigboy,is that your next foray into live steam?

Once your loco is bedded in, can you let us know the running time please.

Actually, I have my eye on the Pennsylvania T-1 Very Happy . I always liked the lines of it and almost bought one in HO scale many years ago.

The instructions estimate 10 minutes of running time; I've seen folks say they get about 15 min on a Ruby, so I suspect the 10 minutes is probably accurate. I'll let you know what I get. I just found some cylinder oil at a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins....   The Journey Begins.... EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 6:47 am

Well done Bill, that looks a great little loco for your first foray into live steam?

No pressure gauge either, but you don't really need one, it won't move at low pressure and the safety valve will blow if it's too high.  The port for a gauge is there, if you want to retro fit one or a steam whistle or both.

Can't wait to see the running clips.

Bon courage
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins....   The Journey Begins.... EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 8:55 am

*Jealous" - still waiting for mine. I suspect there´s going to be a lot of loco-bashing going on soon with this little one as a starting point.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KandNWLR?feature=mhee
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins....   The Journey Begins.... EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 8:55 am

*Jealous" - still waiting for mine. I suspect there´s going to be a lot of loco-bashing going on soon with this little one as a starting point.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KandNWLR?feature=mhee
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins....   The Journey Begins.... EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 1:57 pm

k&nwlr wrote:

Yup. The instructions actually mention (encourage?) the kitbashing potential. I wish they had included at least a tiny bit of cylinder oil. It's like Christmas morning without batteries pale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Begins....   The Journey Begins.... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Journey Begins....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Model locomotives and rolling stock-
Jump to: