Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Paris tram ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dtsteam

dtsteam

Paris tram ? Empty
PostSubject: Paris tram ?   Paris tram ? EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 10:41 pm

I came across this rather nice picture but as I  know little about French tramways it raises a  few questions :
As there are overhead wires I am assuming that this is suburban Paris. I've read a bit about the Nogent system as a result, and it looks like this could be Line 2 (?). Most of these lines ran from Porte de Vincennes which I'm guessing is a gateway into Paris city. My question is around what happened then  - did the passengers change trams at the city walls ? and would these double deck trams ever run into the city ?
Paris tram ? Nogent11
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

Paris tram ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paris tram ?   Paris tram ? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 5:36 pm

Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
k&nwlr

Paris tram ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paris tram ?   Paris tram ? EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 6:37 pm

dtsteam wrote:
I came across this rather nice picture but as I  know little about French tramways it raises a  few questions :
As there are overhead wires I am assuming that this is suburban Paris. I've read a bit about the Nogent system as a result, and it looks like this could be Line 2 (?). Most of these lines ran from Porte de Vincennes which I'm guessing is a gateway into Paris city. My question is around what happened then  - did the passengers change trams at the city walls ? and would these double deck trams ever run into the city ?

The Porte de Vincennes is - today - at the border of the ring road (périférique) around Paris. The line can be thought of as an extension of the metro which went to this far and allowed Parisians to visit the woods of Vincennes, a popular weekend destination. In other words, it´s a suburban solution to public transport - and sadly the trams didn´t go into Paris.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KandNWLR?feature=mhee
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

Paris tram ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paris tram ?   Paris tram ? EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 7:59 pm

Here a nice link (in french).

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soci%C3%A9t%C3%A9_des_transports_en_commun_de_la_r%C3%A9gion_parisienne

There's some nice map, that are coming in big size when you clic on it.

There was a big terminus in Paris near what we called place de la Nation.
On one pictures of the previous site you could see a bridge of the "petite ceinture" inside Paris.
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
dtsteam

dtsteam

Paris tram ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paris tram ?   Paris tram ? EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 9:49 pm

Thanks for your help. I've always found the tramways of Paris and suburbs quite fascinating, so I've a lot more reading to do.You have both helped clarify the upper deck board Paris - Metropolitain - La Maltournee, which is definitely Nogent route 2 later STCRP route 114. Before I noticed the Brill 21e truck I thought the tram looked very much like a British steam tram trailer. it now looks like Motrice impériale « type 54 places »  nr 37.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Paris tram ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paris tram ?   Paris tram ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Paris tram ?
Page 1 of 1