Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Waldenburger Bahn, Liestal, Switzerland

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
k&nwlr

Waldenburger Bahn, Liestal, Switzerland Empty
PostSubject: Waldenburger Bahn, Liestal, Switzerland   Waldenburger Bahn, Liestal, Switzerland EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 7:38 pm

I was coming back on the scenic route to Basel through the hills and I happened to pass through Waldenburg, home of the WB, the only 75cm narrow gauge line in Switzerland. I was hoping that the G. Thommen 0-6-0 steam engine would be out, preparing for spring tourist trips. Instead all I got was a snowplough. But here´s a pic of Waldenburg, which is in the museum in Lucerne, G. Thommen´s brother.

Waldenburger Bahn, Liestal, Switzerland 13426117613_b42fbbb861

And now for the snowplough ...

Waldenburger Bahn, Liestal, Switzerland 13531726794_4e243ced66
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KandNWLR?feature=mhee
dtsteam

dtsteam

PostSubject: Re: Waldenburger Bahn, Liestal, Switzerland   Waldenburger Bahn, Liestal, Switzerland EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 7:15 pm

I've managed to get there twice  - 1988
Waldenburger Bahn, Liestal, Switzerland 198811
& 2011 
Waldenburger Bahn, Liestal, Switzerland 201110

Somewhere I have a 1:10 scale plan of Waldenburgh station in LGB track from 1988. With all the metre gauge in the world to choose from, I had to pick this station, as it has a nice self contained feel to it. It was far too big for my then batchelor pad and got consigned to the pile of wishful thinking.
Back to top Go down
k&nwlr

PostSubject: Re: Waldenburger Bahn, Liestal, Switzerland   Waldenburger Bahn, Liestal, Switzerland EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 7:24 pm

dtsteam wrote:
I've managed to get there twice  - 1988

& 2011 

Somewhere I have a 1:10 scale plan of Waldenburgh station in LGB track from 1988. With all the metre gauge in the world to choose from, I had to pick this station, as it has a nice self contained feel to it. It was far too big for my then batchelor pad and got consigned to the pile of wishful thinking.

The station still has exactly the same feel to it as in the older of the two photos. The rolling stock has changed - and they´re thinking about changing it again. The whole thing is so self-contained (and I find myself using your word), that it is makes a very attractive set-piece. The entire company has only 30 staff. The boss is the brother of the wife of the Swiss G scale live steam manufacturer "Dampfatelier" in Zwingen. Markus himself was a volunteer fireman on the line until recently. And Dampfatelier is about to launch a model of G. Thommen .... Happy days  Surprised 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KandNWLR?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waldenburger Bahn, Liestal, Switzerland   Waldenburger Bahn, Liestal, Switzerland Empty

Back to top Go down

Waldenburger Bahn, Liestal, Switzerland
Page 1 of 1