Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1959 Mobylette Moped

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

1959 Mobylette Moped Empty
PostSubject: 1959 Mobylette Moped   1959 Mobylette Moped EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:37 pm

I picked a very nice model up this week that would grace any French layout .... a 1:24 scale 1959 Mobylette AV88 Moped made by IXO but distributed by Altaya (Spain) which I believe commission premiums for magazine partworks. Model only comes in pale blue (so it may be a one off limited edition and supplies will soon dry up) on a cobbled pavement base and acrylic cover. Model is mainly plastic but very good quality. The chromed spokes and chain links are a work of art and the tampo painting and printing is consistently good. It also has real rubber whitewall tyres, so best not left outside permanently. For reference, overall length is 67mm and height (to top of saddle) is 35mm. I purchased mine off eBay for £7 (plus postage), some on-line shops are selling them at £13 but try your luck with your local TK Maxx ... they tend to sell these magazine premiums at less than a fiver ... but their range varies.

Smile

1959 Mobylette Moped Mobyletteblue

Last edited by MzB on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: 1959 Mobylette Moped   1959 Mobylette Moped EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 1:48 pm

Wow, fantastic quality for 7 nicker! Don't you be getting any ideas now, Brian! Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ

PostSubject: Re: 1959 Mobylette Moped   1959 Mobylette Moped EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 2:01 pm

For those of you living in France .... this Spanish eBay link could secure you one for 2 Euros (4 Euros if you want to be sure) + 5.50 Euros postage.

http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180326217868

(I'll edit above link after the auction ends to save it becoming dead later on)

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1959 Mobylette Moped   1959 Mobylette Moped EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: 1959 Mobylette Moped   1959 Mobylette Moped EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:14 am

Well done Andy.....for the research and links.

'Vendu' to the man in Chelles. Very Happy
There'll be one parked outside la gare on the CFG in in few days time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1959 Mobylette Moped   1959 Mobylette Moped EmptyWed Feb 11, 2009 8:30 am

I thought one would interest you Carl. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Smile
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: 2 euros each   1959 Mobylette Moped EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 7:13 pm

I just went to a "mall" and they have a book shop which is selling the whole range at €2 each - I bought 5, mobylette, BMW R69s, Vincent, NSU Supermax, and a Peugeot mcycle. Andy would of been very happy - they had the 1/18th cars too at €9.95 also the 1/43 stuff at €3.

The 1950s Peugeot would go well on any French themed (or other) layout. Theres also Norton Interstate, 1967 Bonneville, MV Augusta 750, Honda 4 750 from the 70's.

Anyone want some ? - Unfortunately I think postage would be silly at €7 ish from Spain
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: 1959 Mobylette Moped   1959 Mobylette Moped EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 8:37 pm

pjti wrote:

Anyone want some ? - Unfortunately I think postage would be silly at €7 ish from Spain

Very kind offer, but I've already got one ! I am a bit worried about scale though Rolling Eyes

1959 Mobylette Moped Mobyle10
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1959 Mobylette Moped   1959 Mobylette Moped Empty

Back to top Go down

1959 Mobylette Moped
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Trackwork, Model figures, buildings and accessories-
Jump to: