Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New ? Spanish Book

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
David Grantham

New ? Spanish Book Empty
PostSubject: New ? Spanish Book   New ? Spanish Book EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 10:00 am

Does anyone , especially PJTI, know whether the following book is available in Spain.

Title is "Via Estrecha en Espana"
Pub is "MAF"

It is advertised on the Midland Counties and Ian Allan web sites but on the 3 times I tried to order it I got a "not available invoice". Contacting both organisations by phone was equally fruitless.

It is also advertised, or was, on the MAF website but I did not fancy sending a money transfer to Barcelona without any means of redress.

Thanks in anticipation. David.
Back to top Go down
pjti

New ? Spanish Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ? Spanish Book   New ? Spanish Book EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 3:39 pm

Do you mean this ?

New ? Spanish Book Bibli10

VIA
ESTRECHA EN ESPAÑA

Manuel
Álvarez Fernández

Col·lecció
Monográficos

M.A.F.
Editor, 1984

ISBN:
84-86758-16-5

pàgines

Tren
O-G pàg. 130 a 139 i 173 i 174

working on it
Can't find it on a book search , have emailed pubs to see if they have it, my basket has a copy but somewhere else it said not available so thought I'd askem. I will keep looking.
Back to top Go down
pjti

New ? Spanish Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ? Spanish Book   New ? Spanish Book EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:03 pm

Looks like the Rail museum in Madrid list it online , it may be in their bookshop too, it's 35 europounds , I will be going in a 3 weeks want me to check ?

Update.

It actually does not say "ARTICULO EN REPOSICION DE STOCK. CONSULTE PLAZO DE ENTREGA"
which means it's available I guess.

I will try to get missus to call them to check - but that requires BIG favours from me.

Heres link Delicia museo shop
Back to top Go down
pjti

New ? Spanish Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ? Spanish Book   New ? Spanish Book EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:28 pm

BTW David have you seen these ? Could be wrong Scale for you tho..... I know you was asking about coaches a while back.

Occre Coaches

They are not bad kits, Carl has built a Tram and I am still working on mine.
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

New ? Spanish Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ? Spanish Book   New ? Spanish Book EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 7:50 pm

pjti, thank you for your posts. Thats the book I am trying to obtain. It is a dual language Spanish/English book and has a great many photographs.

If you are able to check availability in Madrid I would be most grateful.

Thanks for the Occre link. I finally found a local modeller who has CNC milled me some plywood coach sides and though not based on a specific prototype are very typical of Spanish narrow gauge practice i.e. end balcony, matchboarded, droplight windows etc.

I will post a photo of one of the sides tomorrow. Priced at about £30 per coach for the sides, ends and chassis.

Thanks, David.
Back to top Go down
pjti

New ? Spanish Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ? Spanish Book   New ? Spanish Book EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:48 pm

It's still shrink wrapped, can't hold out much longer.

[img]New ? Spanish Book Estrec10[/img]
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

New ? Spanish Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ? Spanish Book   New ? Spanish Book EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 1:44 pm

Looks a nice book.

See there is another largely unknown and tapped resource of European narrow gauge.

Some of those Spanish lines as you will know are just exquisite with some stunning scenery even from Alicante to Denia.

It's a shame more people don't model these.
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

New ? Spanish Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ? Spanish Book   New ? Spanish Book EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:03 pm

Well done Patrick !!

Please feel free to open the packaging and read the book as a reward for your efforts. as I can wait a week or two after trying for 2 years to get the book.

Unfortunately I dont think I will be in Santander until September so I guess its a job for the postal service.

Many thanks,
David.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

New ? Spanish Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ? Spanish Book   New ? Spanish Book EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:44 pm

It makes me feel good to be part of a forum like this. hands across the ocean and all that!!

mikey
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

New ? Spanish Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ? Spanish Book   New ? Spanish Book EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 6:41 pm

I travelled from St Filieux de Guixols? (the coast) to Gerona in 1964 behind a steam loco in third class carriages with women taking their chickens to market!

Does the line still exist?

Any info on the period?

Cheers Brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
pjti

New ? Spanish Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ? Spanish Book   New ? Spanish Book EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 10:28 pm

Coo Brian that was a tough one !

Line was called "S.F.G" it closed in 1969.

SFG SIte Some nice pics

On another site the chap is trying to recreate the line using MS Trainsim, having said that there are some nice pics ( he's been crafty and you can only see the photo if you hover over the thumbnail).

There is also a book about the line which is way out of print.

Virtual SFG

And with a bit of jiggy pokey "et voila"
New ? Spanish Book Anna_Caldas

Last edited by pjti on Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pjti

New ? Spanish Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ? Spanish Book   New ? Spanish Book EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 10:54 pm

David, had a look through, it takes a while as there's over 300 photo's - nothing I can make Edrig into alas. The bilingual bit is a catch, all the photo captions are Spanish. The index has photo's numerically sorted and this is in Ingles.

I should be in UK in a couple weeks, so depending on what you call the Midlands I could drop it in or post it or meet at G-rail. PM me some personal details.
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

New ? Spanish Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ? Spanish Book   New ? Spanish Book EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 11:24 pm

Thanks Patrick

S F G - taken me back years! Somewhere in the family archives is some 8mm film taken from the train. I think my sister's got it? I'll have to get her to dig it out.

Cheers Brian
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

New ? Spanish Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ? Spanish Book   New ? Spanish Book EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 11:27 pm

BTW Patrick

How far are you from Irun ? Do you ever travel back to UK via TGV? if so, you must arrange a stop over at Angouleme.

Cheers B
Back to top Go down
pjti

New ? Spanish Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ? Spanish Book   New ? Spanish Book EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 9:17 pm

Brian, whats to do with Irun ? It's about 200k from moi. I am sure we have passed Angouleme whilst driving to UK or back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New ? Spanish Book Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ? Spanish Book   New ? Spanish Book Empty

Back to top Go down

New ? Spanish Book
Page 1 of 1