Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cartoon Figures

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:42 am

I'm a big fan of Tintin and by default I am a lesser fan of Quick & Fulpke ... both by the Belgian cartoonist Georges Remy (known as Herge because he used to sign his work with reversed initials .... R.G.). This site ( http://www.cinebd.com/find_hero-352-tintin-en.html ) is based in France and had a few rare Tintin items I needed as well as some other 3" G scale figures that I ordered at the same time. Prices are quite good.

Recently, I picked up some Spirou et Fantasio 1:43 scale model cars (which are similar to the Tintin range of model cars) but I've never seen any Spirou / Fantasio G scale figures. Spirou et Fantasio are a French pair of characters drawn in the style of Tintin and their adventures are just starting to filter into English language so maybe the merchandise will follow.

What is the following for Spirou et Fantasio in France? I'd never heard of them until a few weeks ago.

Question
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 12:56 pm

Strange world eh...?

I teach English at the home of an eminent French TinTinologist,

Bob Garcia

He has written many books about RG (Herge) pronounced 'air zjay' - and often appears on French TV to talk about TinTin.

A while ago I did a little study/translation for him of the characters from English to French.
Dupond et Dupont = Thomson and Thompson...note the careful spelling in both languages.

I'm going to his house later this afternoon to teach his children.

His wife's a singer by the way. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:06 pm

Quote :
His wife's a singer by the way

Not Bianca, surely ?

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 2:42 pm

No...she's called Flore.

Flore Papaz
Back to top Go down

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:54 am

Some Tintin figures around the CFR .... this Tintin in kilt figure is from the "Black Island" story ....

Cartoon Figures TintinKiltBridge600
Back to top Go down

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:58 am

This Tintin figure is from the "Blue Lotus" story .... this book was banned in UK for many years because the story is about opium smuggling.

Cartoon Figures TintinUrn600
Back to top Go down

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 1:59 am

Thompson & Thomson drawing attention to themselves ... supposedly in disguise but sticking out like sore thumbs .... from the same book ....

Cartoon Figures ChineseThompsonTwins600
Back to top Go down

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 2:17 am

Tintin, Snowy and Captain Haddock on the viaduct .... The Haddock figure is posed from the "Red Rackham's Treasure" book whilst Tintin is posed from ???? ... need a Tintinologist here ....

Cartoon Figures TintinHaddock600
Back to top Go down

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 2:20 am

The Tintin figures are from the Tintin Shop and the Tintin Boutique. The Tintin Shop is in London (Covent Garden) whilst the Tintin Boutique is in Belgium. There is also a French online outlet selling a few rarer figures. The G scale figures are around 6 to 8 Euros each ... this equates exactly to £££ by the time they get to the London shop ....

Tintin Shop London
http://www.thetintinshop.uk.com/acatalog/

Tintin Boutique Belgium
http://www.tintinboutique.com/fr/

Cinebd France
http://www.cinebd.com/find_hero-352-tintin-en.html

Cartoon Figures TintinSnowy2600

Cartoon Figures TintinSnowy1600
Back to top Go down

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 6:31 am

A thread on GSM makes me look silly here .... The CFR wanted some Tintin models, and as I collect them I was asked to supply some. I took a few photos and posted them here. I also sent a set of the photos to a CFR member for his own album, but he posted them on GSM which has caused some confusion ....
Quote :
Yes Andy was there, but the models are Pauls

.... I get an "oh, by the way" no mention of the photos being mine or that I had just that moment supplied the models. I hope that clears up any confusion.
Mad
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 7:00 am

not to even mention they're your pics is blatant breach of copyright Andy! ask for them to be removed or acknowleged.

Mikey
Back to top Go down

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 7:16 am

I'll have a word with him today, but I don't mind the photos being used ... just that it has caused some confusion with those that frequent both forums.

pirat
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Yes it is a bit confusing but your reputation is perfectly intact here. Cool

Reading the GSM thread alone one would think that it was all a CFR event until Paul Stainz mentioned otherwise.

Reading the much more informative and illustrative thread posted here we assume that you own the model figures and supplied them to the CFR.

Whatever....Whoever owns the figures is not that important as far as the forum goes. It is just a tad blooming rude hijacking someone's thread on another forum and using their photos to boot.
The photos were posted on GSM 3 days after posting on here.
I shall with Administrator's peaked cap on be having a word with the moderators over 'there' about credits, reference and a bit of inter-fora of respect. (No flowers please... Laughing ).

I also think there is an underlying element of embarrassment that you Andy (and a few others) are 'persona non grata' and when certain names are mentioned or even implied it all goes sensitively quiet. Embarassed

I notice lately that when have I posted something even slightly meaningful it is usually the last post. silent

Maybe that is also probably due to me serving at Ypres ( Wink )or just becoming a sardonic old git.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cgtrains.com
mikeyh

mikeyh

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:54 pm

definately the latter Carl!!

Mikey
Back to top Go down

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:35 pm

I picked up this TINTIN AUCTION CATALOGUE off the Bay this week (arrived this morning). Dated 4th December 1999, so stop the world, I want to get off .... 1999 seems like only last week.
I'm pleased with it, maybe I paid too much but I'll probably never see another (probably turn out to be like the Arumbaya Fetish though). Any of your contacts remember the auction Carl .... seems it was held in Paris?

study
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:54 pm

I seem to remember seeing on the News recently about the opening of a TinTin Museum or something like that?

Just done some ferreting around, and I came up with this link amongst several:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8067583.stm
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Sponsored content

Cartoon Figures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Figures   Cartoon Figures Empty

Back to top Go down

Cartoon Figures
Page 1 of 1