Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY

Go down 
+2
mikeyh
GWhizz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GWhizz

GWhizz

MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY Empty
PostSubject: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 7:40 pm

Has anyone on this forum, or know of anyone who has, ordered a set of four glass shelves and brackets from Austria and received a Massoth Rail Bender instead ????

Because today I received my long awaited parcel from Austria expecting and hoping it to be the Massoth Rail Bender, Jeremy had ordered for me from Peyker-Modellbahn in the continuing Massoth saga. Only opening it to find the above mentioned glass shelves from a company called Neher.

It is now over four weeks since I paid for this bender, but I seem fated not to receive it !!!

Ernst Peyker is on the case with DHL, but this saga is close to reducing me to tears!

I originally had checked out supply from Modell-Land and was poised to order, when Jeremy at Dragon said he would have stock. Let down by Massoth Jeremy. bless him arranged to get one from Peyker, only now to have DHL f**k up!

Sorry Mikey, I seem fated, should have taken up Carl's offer of a loan bender.

Further progress on the CFHC is still halted.

Barely clinging onto sanity,

Brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:16 pm

stay with it Brian. Perhaps we could sandwich a R1 between two shelves and straighten 'em that way!!

Was there no delivery note/Invoice inside the parcel?

Mikey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:49 pm

Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 8:26 am

MzB wrote:
http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/o/2/bender.jpg

Very Happy
Thanks cheered me up no end.

B
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 8:29 am

mikeyh wrote:
stay with it Brian. Perhaps we could sandwich a R1 between two shelves and straighten 'em that way!!

Was there no delivery note/Invoice inside the parcel?

Mikey

I'd like to straighten the t****rs at DHL

Yes perfectly good delivery note from an Austrian company called NEHER.

Ernst Peyker has emailed DHL and we're waiting for an answer!

B
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:46 am

When I worked at DHL,everybody that worked there thought DHL stood for

DROP IT HIDE IT and LOSE IT

Hope it turns up
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:49 am

Should add they are a good company,but with the millions of parcels they handle annually the odd one sometimes goes astray.

Last edited by fm12 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 9:52 am

I realise that my getting on my soapbox won't help matters, but this is what happens when everyone sing the praises of private couriers (DHL, TNT, FedEx, City-Link, UPS, etc) allegedly saving a few pence over their good old Post Office.
DHL and the German / Austrian Post have merged, and senders go to their Post Office as normal, but when the parcel reaches a non German / Austrian destination, it reverts to DHL by default, not that country's Post Office.
I have never had anything go astray or get damaged with Royal Mail or ParcelForce and if I am out when they call it is just a short walk to pick the parcel up at my convenience. I have had lots go missing or damaged by private couriers and if I am not in when they call they will make one more attempt then you have to collect yourself from a depot - in my case 25 miles away for DHL (furthest) and 15 miles for City-Link (nearest). You also have to ring a premium rate number (with those dreaded automated options) to appoint a redelivery date (no time slot offered) or a time to collect. As I don't have a land line ... only a mobile phone, this costs me a fortune in itself and is extra to my pre-paid tariff.
For these reasons, I don't buy anything from anyone who insists on using couriers over Royal Mail in UK. When Royal Mail goes the same way as the German postal system, it will be too late and irreversible. I think that we should learn from the German merger and try to prevent it happening in our own countries. I boycott all those who insist on not using Royal Mail even when I offer to pay the "alleged" extra. When I sell via eBay, it is always cheaper via Royal Mail but I am speaking as a private user - I believe retailers get special rates that make it cheaper for them, BUT, when Royal Mail get swallowed up we individuals will have no choice and be forced to pay high courier rates to subsidise further the dealer rate.

No

One other thing, when I go on a two week or three week holiday to Germany or Austria, there are things that I don't want to be carting about with me (DVD's, books, G scale models) especially if I am backpacking and using the trains and buses. I therefore send parcels back home, which in years gone by would all be waiting at my Post Office on my return. Now, when I return, all I find are DHL final delivery slips on the mat and I have to travel 25 miles to retrieve them.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:32 am

Sorry to hear about all this Brian.

TGV to Paris, Metro, RER 'E' to Chelles. You could have had my bender in less than 4 hours.
It's still available......
But..... the price has gone up now...... Twisted Evil

Fortunately 'La Poste' is still just nationalised and generally it's a good reliable service except for the nightmare saga at suburban post offices.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 2:02 pm

We have landed
Pop up here o Berlandiere and you can borrow mine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 4:42 pm

GeoffW wrote:
We have landed
Pop up here o Berlandiere and you can borrow mine Very Happy

Kind offer Geoff

I'll see what transpires with DHL next week!

Cheers B
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:02 pm

Had my delivery today of Trainline 45 track from IETB, (Marseille), Excellent quality! He also sent numerous catalogues including Massoth, Saw the bender. hell of a bit of kit!!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:05 pm

I think this is the first problem I've experienced with DHL but not the first with courriers.

The biggest problem which turned ultimately into a benefit was back in the UK with Parcelforce. In those days I used quite a lot of Hasselblad Camera equipment. I took a Camera body and telephoto lens into Hasselblad in Wembley for repair and servicing and left specific instructions not to send it back as I was going abroad for three weeks and I would come back in person to collect it!

Ignoring my instructions Hasselblad sent the kit whilst Iwas away, and I returned to find the Parcelforce failed delivery notes. Anyway to cut a long story short, the parcel was lost and Hasselblad had to replace my two items with brand new kit worth over £10,000.

In the current scenario I would just like to get the kit I've paid for!

B
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 5:48 pm

Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Just for a laugh here's the latest communication from Ernst, looks like 5 packages are mixed up !!!

c'est la vie

Hello Brian,
I have got the information from DHL that there have been mixed up more the 2 parcels (about five), so they are always searching where which parcel has landed. One of the receiving companies is Cetim-Cermat, FR-68310 Wittelsheim which may have one of the false parcels. They are checking this and we should have patience.
Regards
Ernst

Von: Gerhard Antolkovich (DHL AT) [mailto:gerhard.antolkovich@dhl.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 15. April 2009 11:28
An: Ernst Peyker
Betreff: AW: DHL Paket JJD00001041000003687708

Hallo Hr. Peyker,
Die Nachforschung hierzu ist leider immer noch im Gange.
Ich habe gehofft, dass der Empfänger der Sendung von der Manufaktur für Glas und Spiegel die Sendung Ihres Empfängers erhalten hat.
Dem ist aber leider nicht so.
Allem Anschein nach, wurden hier noch 2 weitere Sendungen vertauscht.
Momentan sieht es danach aus, dass auch eine Sendung von der Fa. Jungbunzlauer davon betroffen ist.
Diese hat am selben Versandtag mehrere Sendungen an eine Fa. Cetim-Cermat, FR - 68310 Wittelsheim, versendet.
Es wird gerade nachgeprüft, ob diese Firma eventuell Ihre Sendung fälschlicherweise bekommen hat.
Ich muss Sie leider noch um etwas Geduld bitten.
Auf Ihr Verständnis hoffend, verbleibe ich

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Gerhard Antolkovich
Retention Desk Advisor
DHL Express (Austria) GmbH
Bleibtreustrasse 2
1110 Wien
Austria
FN 75092f
Firmenbuchgericht Wiener Neustadt

WE SHOULD HAVE PATIENCE !!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 9:57 pm

Aha! I think I can help here, the problem, correct me if I am wrong, is that one of the people looking for the parcels is speaking a foreign language, hence the confusion.
I am pretty sure of my facts in this instance.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 8:36 am

Latest Update ...

Drop it, Hide it and Lose it (DHL) have admitted that the parcel is lost.

So Ernst Peyker has a replacement on order from Massoth Evil or Very Mad

So I'm back to square one!

Weekly updates forthwith!

B
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 4:08 pm

Struck by the fact that DHL Austria are in "Stay Honest Street" - perhaps you should ask Vienna City Council to re-name it?

Phil
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptyFri May 01, 2009 8:56 pm

OK

I have finally given up on purchasing one of these.

Both Jeremy at Dragon and Ernst Peyker have done their damndest to get me one and have failed, so I've cancelled my order as they don't look like being available from Massoth until their next production run - Four weeks plus!

Geoff W has kindly agreed to lend me his, so I hope to be heading North next week to borrow same!

Probably should have gone that route earlier saving myself lots of angst in the bargain!

Couple of bottles of something fine heading your way Geoff!

Many, many thanks

Brian
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:29 am

You sure you'll be able to get your money back?

Mikey
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptySat May 02, 2009 7:36 am

mikeyh wrote:
You sure you'll be able to get your money back?

Mikey

Yes! I trust Jeremy completely!

He has been better than honest in all my dealings with him so far!

DHL are compensating Pyker; Peyker - Jeremy; then hopefully me!

He's on the case!

Thanks for your concern.

Brian
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptySat May 02, 2009 8:36 am

its a sad saga Brian, and would be a lot of money to lose. hope all goes well and you can 'get back on track'!!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY EmptySun May 03, 2009 7:14 pm

Have rail bender thanks to Geoff - see West Coast Chapter thread

PM for details

B
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY   MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY Empty

Back to top Go down

MISSING LAST SEEN IN AUSTRIA - A MASSOTH MYSTERY
Page 1 of 1