Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A diary of Tramway Demiel

Go down 
+16
Clarkmeggs
tram47
KleineDicke
philkelly
fm12
pjti
Bearcastle
GWhizz
Carl Hibbs
Paul Stainz Holt
French Chuffed
micheline
markbiff
Admin
clive_t
mikeyh
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
GWhizz

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 11:35 am

Let me repost my long reply, I'll put its loss down to "Corbieres" induced finger trouble my end Embarassed

Mikey

I'm really impressed with what you've done. I don't think it looks small, the French countryside has the habit of doing that. Why not take some low level close ups that always makes things look big.

I really must get my act together, I haven't laid a metre of permanent track yet, though we do have a fine garden pond, round which the track will run, (I'll post pics on a seperate thread rather than waylay (pun) yours).

The track bender should be here next week from Jeremy at Dragon, so if you want me to come over for a "bender" just shout, could bring the steamie too if required. I've taken the plunge and based on my own costings ordered 144 feet of Accucraft Flexitrack from Track-Shack to complement my existing 100 meters or so of secondhand bits and bobs. In the end the premium for new against the hassle of buying secondhand off Ebay just doesn't seem worth it.

Anyway well done - it's really motivated me to press on.

Cheers Brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 12:32 pm

thanks Brian. We've got a bit of cloud here today but they say tomorrow will be sunny, I've got 14 buildings to put out and then we will take some close-ups. Now get your finger out (of the wine bottle) and get on with it!! I havent quite got enough track to complete the circuit (though it seems to arrive everyday) so perhaps if I bring my R1's up to you when the bender arrives?.

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Hey chaps...good or bad news.

The MIL, aka Mama Corsica is down your way at the moment. Well more Mikey's way.

She is seriously thinking of moving from Corsica to the mainland and is viewing houses this weekend. She has seen one at Cezac just west of the N10 but I'm trying to pursuade her to go the othe side as that is near the Train Touristique de Guitres.

So I could be paying a few regular visits your way. Drop wifey off at maman's and play trains for the weekend.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 1:36 pm

sounds good to me Carl. Why's she moving there and not nearer you/

mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 2:47 pm

mikeyh wrote:
sounds good to me Carl. Why's she moving there and not nearer you/

mikey

That's because she's looking for an entertaining, charming, sexy, rich, sixtysomething Englishman. I love you Cool

I fail on all but but one. king
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 3:57 pm

mikeyh wrote:
I havent quite got enough track to complete the circuit (though it seems to arrive everyday) so perhaps if I bring my R1's up to you when the bender arrives?.

Mikey

That's a done deal. I'll pm you when the bender arrives!

B
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 4:00 pm

carl hibbs wrote:

So I could be paying a few regular visits your way. Drop wifey off at maman's and play trains for the weekend.

Now that would be a result - MIL at arms length, but an excuse to visit your country railway cousins!

Bon chance B
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 3:48 pm

Well it was exactly 14 months ago that I started modelling in G scale. Today, with a nice bit of sunshine we have put out all the buildings for a few pics. the buildings havent been embedded yet but it gives an idea of the aims.

General view;
A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 Demiel132

La Gare
A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 Demiel133

To be continued..
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 4:19 pm

Blimey Mikey,

That's looks like a decent model railway or should one say 'Dordogne Miniature'.

Get rid of the out of scale fencing at the back and it could be real.

All those lovely ('pastiche') buildings fit together so naturally as part of a complete picture.

It's great how different creative people treat this hobby.

Impressed from Chelles.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 4:29 pm

Le Marche;
A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 Demiel134

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 Demiel135

Cafe de la gare;
A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 Demiel136

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 Demiel138

mikey
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 4:58 pm

Great progress Mikey.
You have accumulated a lot of buildings.
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 5:04 pm

thanks guys. what i am most chuffed about is that apart from the little Pola building opposite the church,everything has been made from recycled materials;old speaker cabinets, a filing cabinet,old clock.toybox etc!

mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 6:27 pm

Great progress there Mikey, and some really nice shots too. I am Well impressed with those townscapes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Hi Mikey

I hope that's a security fence you've got round there?

There might be a serious (model buildings) crime wave south of Villebois de Lavalette if you don't watch out!

Fantastic job in just 14 months - amazing!

B
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Hmmm, looks like the antiquities shop has gone 'walkabout' already! Or did you not put it out there today Mikey? Having looked at the pics again, I am particularly taken with the shot of the church and the little marche and that building at the back with lots of windows... Cool
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 10:10 pm

As i said before,you dont miss a thing do ya clive! We've got another 4 buildings yet to put out but havent decided where yet. the one with all the windows is a low relief which i built after discussing it with you!

Brian, Our last goat had just died so i thought 'I'm not chucking the fencing away!! it's ideal for keeping small animals and grandkids (same things really) out.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 5:05 pm

well the little people arrived today but because of the rain decided to leave their fishing until tomorrow. I hate it when it rains 'cos i can't make any progress but today i found something to do. Next to our pool we have a very thick 'haie buis'. Whats that in english? A hedge of ' box' , ideal plants for a railway;

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 Demiel146

This time of year they have seeded themselves, so dig 'em up .tease out the roots a bit et voila, lots of mini trees to plant;

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 Demiel147

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 Demiel148

Cheap as chips as they say!!

mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 6:11 pm

mikeyh wrote:
well the little people arrived today but because of the rain decided to leave their fishing until tomorrow.
Ah, Mikey, you're such a tease.... Very Happy

Nice work with the tree-lets, they should look great when they've grown a bit!
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 2:49 pm

Woke up to a thick mist this morning and I just knew that was a good sign! By 11am it was 25 degrees and just right for more testing. This time the short goods hauled by..... yes another Stainz!!

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 Demiel153

And what was SWMBO doing at the time/? Tiling

A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 Family037

Hehe got her well and truly involved now!!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 3:05 pm

Amazing progress Mike puts me to shame. I will have to try and get to see it in July all looks very enterprising.

Peter
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 4:35 pm

I agree, some first class progress being made now! That building looks pretty substantial, what's it like to lift?
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Pretty heavy ,that and the church are the only ones designed to stay out all the time

Mikey
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 7:42 pm

Oooh that's looking good Mikey !

Recovered from "man flu" then ????

B
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:19 pm

just a heavy cold now! mind you the wifes got the sniffles!!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:33 pm

mikeyh wrote:
mind you the wifes got the sniffles!!

Women, pah! So weedy... What's the betting she'll try and bottle out of filling the coal-scuttle and fixing that cracked roof-tile now? *checks wife not reading over shoulder*
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 6:41 am

That's excellent, your wife helping with your hobby.

I sincerely hope you're helping with her hobbies too, ironing, cooking, washing up...... Laughing

Seriously, that is one thing that I can never see happening in my house. Trains and everything associated are my affair completely.

I think I'm a bit jealous actually. I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A diary of Tramway Demiel   A diary of Tramway Demiel - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

A diary of Tramway Demiel
Page 3 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next