Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Video found on 'Vimeo' - video hosting site

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

Video found on 'Vimeo' - video hosting site Empty
PostSubject: Video found on 'Vimeo' - video hosting site   Video found on 'Vimeo' - video hosting site EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 3:32 pm

Hi all

I know the subject matter is American outline, which technically at least is not exactly 'continental', but I do know there are at least a few on here who model it. The main reasons for sharing what I've found though, are twofold:

Firstly, the quality of the filming and editing is first class in my 'umble opinion. Some very imaginative camera shots interlaced with sound recorded from the 'real thing'.

Secondly, the hosting service is one I've never heard of before ("Vimeo" - http://www.vimeo.com/ ) but is plainly of higher quality than You Tube. I'm tempted to set myself up on there just to see how one of my own videos looks. I am given to understand that it also differs from Y-T in that anyone can download the original file for their desktop in the resolution at which it was uploaded.

Anyway, here's the video, see what you think:

http://www.vimeo.com/1830371/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ

PostSubject: Re: Video found on 'Vimeo' - video hosting site   Video found on 'Vimeo' - video hosting site EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 4:05 pm

I think this is the railway featured in "how to build a garden railway" in the US publication Garden Railways.
The vid is first class
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Video found on 'Vimeo' - video hosting site   Video found on 'Vimeo' - video hosting site EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 4:16 pm

It doesn't HAVE to be continental. That's not an obligation. In fact nothing here is an obligation.

It's just this forum has a mainly continental interest. Great video and interesting service. I shall look at that more closely too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Video found on 'Vimeo' - video hosting site   Video found on 'Vimeo' - video hosting site EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 5:07 pm

Wonderful Stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video found on 'Vimeo' - video hosting site   Video found on 'Vimeo' - video hosting site Empty

Back to top Go down

Video found on 'Vimeo' - video hosting site
Page 1 of 1