Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today... Empty
PostSubject: Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today...   Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today... EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 5:39 pm

Afternoon all

Well the weather was a bit indifferent to start with - we even had a shower of rain this morning as if to underline that... but it was quite warm and humid, and there was always a chance things would brighten up a bit as the day wore on. So I decided to chance my arm and give my Lady Anne an outing for the first time in a long time. By way of an experiment, I decided to run without radio control, just setting the regulator enough to give it some legs along the level, and let it sort itself out on the slopes. I had one minor mishap, coming down the long straight slope, it decided to carry straight on at the bottom, rather than following the track as it veered left on a Rad-3 curve. Sad One or two bumps and scrapes from that, but since I've weathered the smoke-box and the cab roof, I've already rendered it unsaleable I guess.

Anyway, here's a short set of photos from the afternoon...

Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today... LadyAnne280609_01

Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today... LadyAnne280609_02

Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today... LadyAnne280609_03
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today...   Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today... EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 7:31 pm

Ah Clive....that is sooooo lovely. I'm gonna steal that last pic for later use on this forum.

You've even disguised the famous 'buffer beam slot-heads' and I like the Ivoresque smokebox door.

mmm.......That is just what I appreciate about garden railways I love you

I ran some trains too today.
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today...   Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today... EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:13 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:

You've even disguised the famous 'buffer beam slot-heads' and I like the Ivoresque smokebox door.

mmm.......That is just what I appreciate about garden railways I love you

Cheers Carl, I used the time-honoured secret called 'crap photography' ie it's so out-of-focus the slots in the screw heads are blurred away! Actually, there was something troubling me about the look of the loco today - and I've just realised what it is... the buffer is waaay too clean and shiny. I think I shall be attending to that as soon as I am able.

Carl Hibbs wrote:

I ran some trains too today.
I take it you have photographic evidence to support this assertion? Cool
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today...   Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today... EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 8:21 pm

[quote="clive_t"]
Carl Hibbs wrote:

I do indeed and will be running another thread tout de suite.

Serious about that last photo though 'trick' photography or not. It's a gem....well a Roundhouse actually. Laughing
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today...   Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today... EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 9:12 pm

[quote="Carl Hibbs"]
clive_t wrote:
Carl Hibbs wrote:

I do indeed and will be running another thread tout de suite.

Serious about that last photo though 'trick' photography or not. It's a gem....well a Roundhouse actually. Laughing

Ooh to be back in the UK with that cool and humid weather so the smoke shows up from the Live Steamers.

The air here was so hot and dry today - sans vapeur!
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today...   Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today... EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 11:44 am

GWhizz wrote:

Ooh to be back in the UK with that cool and humid weather so the smoke shows up from the Live Steamers.
The air here was so hot and dry today - sans vapeur!
Don't let that stop you running your loco and taking pics for us, Brian!

Actually, one of the things I learned from my running session this weekend, is that what Mr Hibbs says about radio control is dead right - that I don't really need it! The problem I always seemed to have in the past was trying to control the loco and take pics or video footage of it at the same time, and I guess for a lot of the time I felt it was more hassle than it was worth. That is especially true of my Cheddar Raisa loco which has a dodgy battery pack that refuses to hold charge for more than about 15 mins running.

So now that I am a bit more confident about live steam running on my line, you never know there might be more pics of it in the near future - and possibly, dare I say it, one or two additions to the live steam stable? affraid Well, I only have 2! And I have room in my stock cupboard for a couple I reckon... Cool
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today...   Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today... EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:48 pm

2 more steam engines on the SCR......

Any ideas what you might buy? tongue
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today...   Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today... EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Dunno, I like the look of the Lawley, but also I think the Roundhouse Katie has a kind of charm to it that fits my little line. No hurry though, I shall look about and see who has what and enjoy my choice when I make it! Perhaps I might even order a tram from this new 'Ateliers de la Guette' outfit! Cool
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today...   Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today... EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:02 pm

Someone I know picked up a secondhand Accucraft Lynn on Ebay recently!

Perhaps that's a route to go!
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today...   Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today... EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:37 am

Go for the steam tram clive, theres a certain je ne sais quoi about them

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today...   Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today... Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Live Steam on the SCGR Today...
Page 1 of 1