Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009

Go down 
+7
David Grantham
philkelly
Carl Hibbs
Admin
mikeyh
clive_t
GWhizz
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Pierre d Imagimonde

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:01 am

Yes, we tried to phone two weeks ago but decide to send email for a better translation Smile
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:02 pm

clive_t wrote:
Ah, that's better - I was about to say I couldn't see the second one as You-Tube was claiming it to be a duplicate upload. Whatever that means?

But the third one is ok... great videos Phil, thanks for sharing - I was meaning to ask if there was any footage of this event, and plainly there is some!

There's more, but won't have time to edit it, render it and upload it before I go to France (where I don't have video editing software). The second one is a "duplicate" because I uploaded the same video twice - this is the first time I've used YouTube (or yoused Utube); it was the same as No3, which is in fact No2, if U see what I mean!

So I have to ask you all please to be patient - in September all will be revealed! - and the West Coast Chapter too (Chapter 2?)

Phil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:06 pm

Bugger patience, lets kill something! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:33 pm

GeoffW wrote:

OK Geoff

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 - Page 3 005s
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 7:41 am

philkelly wrote:
GeoffW wrote:

OK Geoff

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 - Page 3 005s

Aaah the Western Whip Snake - looks like a small specimen!

thank goodness they're not venomous!
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 8:11 am

Thats a dead couleuvre; grows to 2m,five different species

A Western whip snake only grows to about 1.50 and has a much thicker body and its black with yellow spots

Interestingly one of the traits of all couleuvres is to rest up in wood piles,garden railway stations!, and if it gets in your house;cupboards and wardrobes.

for those of us who live in france if you have the misfortune to be face to face with a snake remember that if its eyes are round its not poisonous, but it may bite!. I've handled loads of couleuvres and they are shy beasts. the western whip can be extremely aggressive but will often try to slide away (very fast)

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Bearcastle

Bearcastle

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 9:19 am

Most of the time you 've just have to stumble your feet and they goes.
The unlikely is to walk on it as it's just ate a mice (i did), they are sleepy, or when they changed skin.

Accident happend, dying of that is really, really, really rare in France.

Most of the time you're rush to an hospital, but the best thing is to have an "aspi venin" if you live in the countryside (available in every chemist). Little plastic jig that help taking out the venom.

The second dangerous venon animal in france is scorpion, you encounter them in the mountain or highter and dry ground, but as well accident are rare. Scorpion are mainly in the south of France
Back to top Go down
http://scfbrie.webs.com/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 11:34 am

By the way, there are no venomous snakes in Corsica...

Just my mother in law. affraid
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 4:01 pm

mikeyh wrote:
Thats a dead couleuvre; grows to 2m,five different species

Mikey

I stand corrected, I was confused by the "Scale" Razz

Last edited by GWhizz on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : A better pun for a broader audience!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 9:15 pm

Yes, a couleuvre: only 1m20 so not fully grown; didn't seem interested in running away (more in hiding behind our under stairs cupboards) so I bashed it with a rake (tines upwards). That was the third last summer - not seen any this year, so it's safe to visit. France Telecom has just managed to put us back on the Internet, so I can now confirm (as Brian has notified you) that some of the West Coast Chapter is coming to us on Monday (Aug 24). If any one else is interested, please PM me.

Phil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:04 pm

As we begin to tidy up the garden and railway in sad anticipation of our return to UK we reflected on the Railway weekend.
It all seemed to go well and was worth the effort, we are delighted to see that the aim of moving the electronic Forum forward to include members who visit one anothers railways has been achieved.
Ad Hoc running sesions are now taking place with plenty of advice and help being exchanged.
Finally Celia and I would finally like to thank all our visitors for the kind words of thanks we have recieved.

regards
Geoff and Celia
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009   CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

CGT Weekend at Geoff's July 2009
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3