Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

La Nouvelle Gare Demiel

Go down 
+3
Carl Hibbs
clive_t
mikeyh
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeyh

mikeyh

La Nouvelle Gare Demiel Empty
PostSubject: La Nouvelle Gare Demiel   La Nouvelle Gare Demiel EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 3:18 pm

This is the nearly completed new station, much smaller than the old one and has full electric lighting. the track is just for scale.;

La Nouvelle Gare Demiel Progress012

Mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: La Nouvelle Gare Demiel   La Nouvelle Gare Demiel EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 4:02 pm

That's a cracking station building there Mikey! That whole scene looks really effective - I wouldn't mind a wager that if you'd applied a 'sepia' filter to the pic, it would pretty close to a real old photo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: La Nouvelle Gare Demiel   La Nouvelle Gare Demiel EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 4:34 pm

mmm...let me think....circa 1910....Les Tramways de Quelquepart-en-campagne.

Great period and character. Even the slightly bowed roof looks right although I would have just given it a wash of flat matt varnish to be picky Mikey. Smile

How many buildings have you made now?
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: La Nouvelle Gare Demiel   La Nouvelle Gare Demiel EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 4:44 pm

hehe, you wouldnt believe how long it took to get that bow looking right!. Yes we have got to spray with matt varnish but i am leaving the models (14 of them now) outside for a couple of weeks to get that truly weathered look. they will then be sprayed with Monsieur merlots finest all surface matt! Thankyou for the most generous comments!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
markbiff

markbiff

PostSubject: Re: La Nouvelle Gare Demiel   La Nouvelle Gare Demiel EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 7:01 pm

Very Happy impressive
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: La Nouvelle Gare Demiel   La Nouvelle Gare Demiel EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 8:51 pm

Very impressive Mikey. We all have different talents, I will let you know when I find mine.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: La Nouvelle Gare Demiel   La Nouvelle Gare Demiel EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 8:57 pm

...and I'm glad you're getting some genuine credit for your modelling skills.

BTW what do the signs/posters say?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cgtrains.com
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: La Nouvelle Gare Demiel   La Nouvelle Gare Demiel EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 9:18 pm

clive_t wrote:
I wouldn't mind a wager that if you'd applied a 'sepia' filter to the pic, it would pretty close to a real old photo.

Told you....

La Nouvelle Gare Demiel Demiel_station_progress012_sepia
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ

PostSubject: Re: La Nouvelle Gare Demiel   La Nouvelle Gare Demiel EmptyThu Oct 02, 2008 10:21 pm

That is a very nice little building, I particularily like the muted colours.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: La Nouvelle Gare Demiel   La Nouvelle Gare Demiel EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 6:00 am

Thanks again. I like that sepia tone (I might put all my website into that). As for the posters, I 'googled' french posters 1910, reduced my chosen ones to size and after gluing them on plasticized them with superglue and a light coat of varnish. the top poster is an advert for the virutes of egypt and the blue one is advertising the new gutta perche that has just come on the market . A model like this shows the value of having old postcards available to get a good look at the prototype!!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: La Nouvelle Gare Demiel   La Nouvelle Gare Demiel EmptyFri Oct 03, 2008 6:43 am

mikeyh wrote:
...... A model like this shows the value of having old postcards available to get a good look at the prototype!!

Mikey
Very Happy

Reference material like that is priceless, free and absorbing to look at.

Old postcards are always welcome on here even with a Kent postmark. Wink
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: La Nouvelle Gare Demiel   La Nouvelle Gare Demiel EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 8:20 pm

mikeyh wrote:
This is the nearly completed new station, much smaller than the old one and has full electric lighting. the track is just for scale.;

La Nouvelle Gare Demiel Progress012

Mikey

Mmm.........gorgeous........epitomises a narrow gauge rural station.
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: La Nouvelle Gare Demiel   La Nouvelle Gare Demiel Empty

Back to top Go down

La Nouvelle Gare Demiel
Page 1 of 1