Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bachmann Railtruck stripped gear

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
philkelly

philkelly

Bachmann Railtruck stripped gear Empty
PostSubject: Bachmann Railtruck stripped gear   Bachmann Railtruck stripped gear EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 9:00 pm

I have spent some time this summer modifying and chipping a Bachmann railtruck chassis to go under an Apocopa De Dion Body. It may be that the whole thing was just too heavy for Bachman mechanicals; it may be that I put the wrong CVs in when programing the chip (ESU XL 8150001); suggestions about what they might have been to give more torque (at the expense of lower speed) would be welcome. Anyway, I have a serious problem Sad : as the pics show, the metal worm stripped the teeth off the plastic cog with which it engages. The cog and the spindle to which it is attached look pretty firmly fixed in a cast frame. Any suggestions for remedial action would be welcome.
Without in anyway casting aspertions on you guys, I'm also posting this on the other channel where there is a Railtruck topic going at the moment.

Bachmann Railtruck stripped gear IMG_9248edit

Bachmann Railtruck stripped gear IMG_9247

Bachmann Railtruck stripped gear IMG_9246edit

Phil
Back to top Go down
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Bachmann Railtruck stripped gear   Bachmann Railtruck stripped gear EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 9:50 pm

Hope you can find replacements as Bachman seems to have problems with spares down here in Australia. It seems a common problem with 3 people I know that have this problem in different Bachman drive units. We can contact Barrys Big Trains in America and he can help. He had gears and has a business fixing gears in Bachman eqiupment. Also we use Tamiya model cars that can have gears that are reqiured and can take a lot more work and dont strip as easy. Some also look at the gears from battery power drills and again some fishing rod reels can have correct gears inside them. Hope this helps and you are running soon. Regards from Andrew
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Bachmann Railtruck stripped gear   Bachmann Railtruck stripped gear EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 10:02 pm

Hi Phil I'll bring the L'Octant catalogue on Monday, they have a huge array of gears, mail order in france!
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: Bachmann Railtruck stripped gear   Bachmann Railtruck stripped gear EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 7:31 am

Brian:

That's great - and you can look at the patient!
Phil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bachmann Railtruck stripped gear   Bachmann Railtruck stripped gear Empty

Back to top Go down

Bachmann Railtruck stripped gear
Page 1 of 1