Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Unusual Tram

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pjti

Unusual Tram Empty
PostSubject: Unusual Tram   Unusual Tram EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 11:56 pm

I suppose that Glasgow could be deemed Continental. Good for night photography f you built a model of it.

Unusual Tram Tb-tra10

Illuminated tram-car advertising, 1957, part of Glasgow Corporation's tuberculosis campaign. Image Wellcome Library, London and copyright ©️ Wellcome Trust, reproduced under Creative Commons licence.

Last edited by pjti on Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

Unusual Tram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual Tram   Unusual Tram EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 4:38 pm

That sort of advertising sent a double message! Reading across it's 'Easy no confidential undressing' an admans nightmare!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
silectric

Unusual Tram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual Tram   Unusual Tram EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 5:59 pm

Some time back I bought a card tram to cut out and make. It was not all that brilliant and matched with my lack of experience the outcome was not that good.

However, it got me thinking. One could make ones own models out of card, using a drawing package to draw the plans and the ink jet printer to produce the results.

I had actually tried the idea earlier but rather than make a card model had stuck the print outs onto a more solid base.

I also had taken up with trams, well at least models of trams. It seemed to me that making a model tram on required one vehicle, whereas model trains required a locomotive and rolling stock.

My first efforts involved a model based on a basic British Tram, actually the Dearne Trams. However the finicky bits meant that the model was possibly a bit to complicated as a starting point. So I designed my own modern 4 wheeler. At this stage I have not bothered with the overhead collector, concentrating on getting a decent body.

It has been an interesting experience and I have expanded the card model making quite a bit.

Tram efforts to date: http://www.siltec.co.uk/5_modtram_1.html
Back to top Go down
pjti

Unusual Tram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual Tram   Unusual Tram EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 7:30 pm

Whers me picture gone Carl ?

Edit : OK I put it back , but why did it disappear ? The code was still in place
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unusual Tram Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual Tram   Unusual Tram Empty

Back to top Go down

Unusual Tram
Page 1 of 1