Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cheap to make figures

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeyh

mikeyh

Cheap to make figures Empty
PostSubject: Cheap to make figures   Cheap to make figures EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 8:58 pm

In order to save time when setting out my figures and buildings I've mounted some of them on boards to represent pavements. I bought a card of ten old fashioned clothes pegs for 5 euros and after shaping a rough (very rough) face with my Dremel and adding a bit of clay to the bodies have got a lot of figures suitable for background scenes;

Cheap to make figures Demiel297

Mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Cheap to make figures   Cheap to make figures EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 7:48 am

Mikey, your ingenuity never ceases to amaze me! How did you do the child figure?

Those buildings are just so natural-looking! Cool How much for the picture of Queen Victoria in the antiques emporium?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Cheap to make figures   Cheap to make figures EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Cheers Clive. The child was just an odd bit of pate i had left over. I found a new (to me ) brand of cooking clay called 'colorem' which doesnt go too soft when you model it.Most of the time theres no need for armatures.

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap to make figures   Cheap to make figures Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheap to make figures
Page 1 of 1