Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Manx Trains and Trams

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Manx Trains and Trams Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manx Trains and Trams   Manx Trains and Trams EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 9:27 am

I think this will be the therapy required....

Manx Trains and Trams DSCF9012_Small_

I have always resisted posting Manx stuff, as I thought it outside the terms of reference of this forum, but Carl says not, so.....

A shot taken a few weeks ago, of one of our Beyer, Peacock 2-4-0's, one of the medium sized ones. Built 1908 for IoM railways and still doing the same job.

Steam version next year from Accucraft, at least a model of 16, the biggest one.

Laters

Neil

edit - sorry, it's 12, 'Hutchinson'
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Manx Trains and Trams   Manx Trains and Trams EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 10:16 am

Lovely train Neil and we would like to find out more please.

I know very little history about the Isle of Man trains.

There is apparently quite a lot to see there, both real and in G scale. Laughing

The terms of reference for this forum are rather loose and and as it says it's 'A forum for enthusiasts of continental trains'. But we are really enthusiasts of all trains!

Last edited by Carl Hibbs on Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Manx Trains and Trams   Manx Trains and Trams EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 10:43 am

I must get around to scanning my Welsh narrow-gauge slides one day as I have loads.
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Manx Trains and Trams   Manx Trains and Trams EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 11:24 am

Thanks for the picture NHN.

About time Accucraft brought out a Spanish loco, though in reality the Spanish versions were 2-6-0 and even 2-6-2 tanks I think on the ALcoy and Gandia.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Manx Trains and Trams   Manx Trains and Trams EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 12:52 pm

David Grantham wrote:
Thanks for the picture NHN.

About time Accucraft brought out a Spanish loco, though in reality the Spanish versions were 2-6-0 and even 2-6-2 tanks I think on the ALcoy and Gandia.

David....

It may be worth having a chat with Lorenz Schug at Accucraft Germany he speaks perfect English.

He has previously commisioned small (100 model) runs of locos and there is a small-run German monster for sale at the moment. He is going to do the Deceauvilles as well.

I think a Spanish model would be very welcome and I'm sure a few mainland Brit modellers would be interested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manx Trains and Trams   Manx Trains and Trams EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 2:08 pm

I'm a bit pushed for time at the moment, but when it allows I will set up a Manx thread, and post some information about both our prototype and model lines here - there's quite a lot!

I am by no means an expert in matters Manx, but David Lloyd-Jones, a local railway author, usually keeps me right! His books are very useful, and he's a cracking modeller. It is to be hoped he may appear on this forum, plus he has a vested interest - his wife is French !!

In the meantime, a shot of out 'other' main railway, the Manx Electric, a 17 mile line, double track throughout. Car 33, the newest on the fleet, 1906 built. 2 years older than the Beyer, Peacock!!

Best regards

Neil

Manx Trains and Trams P1010198
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Manx Trains and Trams   Manx Trains and Trams EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 3:32 pm

Wow i love that tram and all the IOM stock. More please Neil

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manx Trains and Trams   Manx Trains and Trams Empty

Back to top Go down

Manx Trains and Trams
Page 1 of 1