Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne

Go down 
+13
tram47
KleineDicke
dtsteam
Knotty Ash
clive_t
Bearcastle
pjti
GWhizz
Admin
Carl Hibbs
Paul Stainz Holt
mikeyh
French Chuffed
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
French Chuffed

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 8:04 am

I think we should re title this section GRUMPY OLD MEN REMINICE.

Yes always walked in a crocodile to the swimming baths, but we did have a bus to the Wolverhampton Race course that was used as our sports field, where I could lie on the grass in the summer, while the others played cricket and watch the trains being re coal at the Oxley sidings. Later I went to college in Birmingham travelling by train every day I still have my GWR season ticket they were still issuing then in the early 60’s using up the old stock, something that would never be done these days
Back to top Go down
Knotty Ash

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:51 pm

French Chuffed wrote:
I think we should re title this section GRUMPY OLD MEN REMINICE.

Yes always walked in a crocodile to the swimming baths, but we did have a bus to the Wolverhampton Race course that was used as our sports field, where I could lie on the grass in the summer, while the others played cricket and watch the trains being re coal at the Oxley sidings. Later I went to college in Birmingham travelling by train every day I still have my GWR season ticket they were still issuing then in the early 60’s using up the old stock, something that would never be done these days

Hi while I was working on the W & L in mid wales they took all the old tickets out and went modern, this was a shame as I thought it was part of the railway Les
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:24 pm

I got some artificial trees from Gifi, there a bit small but I think they will look ok

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF2581

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF2582

I also managed to clear the area for the lower rack railway station. Its being inspected by the line supervisor.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF2583
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:31 pm

Showing my ignorance Peter but whats Gifi?

Mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:42 pm

A cheepo shop my wife loves going in, all things plastic.
gifi.fr if you want to look them up
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:46 pm

I cant understand why you've gone to all that trouble and expense in creating a wonderful line thats full of potential and then used those out of scale plastic trees? A scale tree should be 30- 60 cms tall and the leaves are very big aint they? I'll willingly send you some cuttings if you like (free) and you will have trees galore in 2 months

Mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 4:56 pm

I have got some real trees coming on Mikey, thanks for the offer, but everything grows so slowly here. Wife saw them and thought she would get some. I will take a pic of them tomorrow (the real ones) and you can log how slow they grow.

As you see even the weeds grow slowly.
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:00 pm

The trees look fine. That's one of the nice things about trees - they come in all sizes.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:10 pm

I've been looking for ages for a miniature weeping willow tree and they just dont exist! so plastic it must be! Gifi dont sell those do they/

What sort of trees do you have on your line Bill?

Mikey
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:40 pm

Whatever volunteers. Mostly weeds.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:35 am

Its weird how the weeds always grow faster than the plants! I;ve kept my best weeds as they look like little trees.

Mikey
Back to top Go down
Knotty Ash

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:36 am

mikeyh wrote:
Its weird how the weeds always grow faster than the plants! I;ve kept my best weeds as they look like little trees.

Mikey

Hi I spent over 35 years in the seed trade and we musr remember the weeds were here thousands of years before we started gardening so they have learnt a few tricks Les
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 am

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 833270 FELICITATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 7:54 pm

I finally got my new outside door fitted into the garden shed, it may not appear much to you.., but it is a great advancement giving better and quicker access to the storage yard. It almost looks as if it was supposed to be there

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF0002

I have also being painting Ballast black, I needed some coal and it seemed the best way to get some. (a bit like waiting for paint to dry)

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF0004

So we now have some coal stocks for running

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF0005

But someone lost the hopper for the crane so it will have to be loaded by hand.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF0006
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 8:15 pm

French Chuffed wrote:
I finally got my new outside door fitted into the garden shed, it may not appear much to you.., but it is a great advancement giving better and quicker access to the storage yard. It almost looks as if it was supposed to be there

It looks as if one could just live in there. Smile

Your railway is really developing now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF2583

This needs a caption. Perhaps "My word! What a simply splendid litter tray!"
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 5:58 am

Like the door Peter. Very smart. Adds a certain 'je ne sais quoi' to the line!

mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:00 am

Saddletank wrote:

This needs a caption. Perhaps "My word! What a simply splendid litter tray!"

You’re not joking; there are loads of little holes all over it now.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:21 am

I got fed up with the weeds on the dockside, so decided to dig out and concrete, doing the sides of the dock as well, as there is no water in due to the lack of rain.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF0008

Got carried away and started the other side as well.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF0009

Last edited by French Chuffed on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 5:08 pm

I got the track laid along the dock, I have just got to sort out the reverse loop thinge as, the dock sidings are in fact a rev loop.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF0012

I checked what track I have for the lower station, fitted the rack to the track, and gave the train a test run. I am waiting for some more rail joiners to finish the job.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF0019

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF0020-1

But too hot today to do much

Last edited by French Chuffed on Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:07 pm

Like the pics Peter. It looks more like a Spanish train with all the rocks and sand! nice one.

Mikey
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:06 pm

mikeyh wrote:
Like the pics Peter. It looks more like a Spanish train with all the rocks and sand! nice one.

Mikey

Well it could be Spain it’s been ’scorchio’ today.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 2:10 pm

I have finally got all round the canal basin concreted, I am thinking of cladding the sides partly with slate tiles with wood strips between and some wooden strips to look like supporting framework.

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF0024

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF0025
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 2:15 pm

After tripping over the engine shed for the second time and it partially disintegrating, I have decided to fix it together with aluminium angle and a few 2.5mm bolts. They will be mainly under the eaves so not seen. I will devise a clip to hold the back of the roof on with a bolt at the front.
Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF0027

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF0028

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 DSCF0029
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 2:54 pm

Is it possible to avoid walking near it? Can you take another route round? Making the structure more durable is all well and good but if you kick it with engines inside you might be sorry.

The docks complex is looking fantastic BTW, really oozing atmosphere now and you've still hardly started on the scenery.

Before GSM closed down one guy had built a concrete dock and he slathered the sides in cement and scribed stone blocks into it. He then added vertical timber strakes by drilling these straight into the concrete. A good idea is to take a look at old dockside pictures and be inspired by the real thing.
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 3:05 pm

o

Last edited by French Chuffed on Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne   Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chemin de fer Sud de Bretagne
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next