Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pola 983 "Dieseltank". A good kit for those with internal combustion stock...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spule 4

Pola 983 "Dieseltank".  A good kit for those with internal combustion stock... Empty
PostSubject: Pola 983 "Dieseltank". A good kit for those with internal combustion stock...   Pola 983 "Dieseltank".  A good kit for those with internal combustion stock... EmptySun Nov 08, 2009 11:32 pm

All:

I bought a kit off of eBay, the Pola 983 diesel tank. Bought it for the initial bid, well below retail. I got it as I thought I could use it for "fueling" the railbus.

I did not expect much from this kit. Boy, was I wrong!

The pump itself is quite detailed, and pre-colored, including the dispensing hardware and clear sights. Has a couple drums too.

The wood is distressed, typical Pola staining, and it should be a solid little model when done. Metal roof. VERY thick baseplate.

If anyone needs a fueling station for their railbus or small diesel stock in G, I would recommend this kit.

http://www.modellbahnecke.de/bilder/pola/330983.jpg

(Link to show the kit, found on Google, Pola 983/330983)

The question for me next is to find out if Shell had a presence in Czechoslovakia in the interwar period....

Now to find time to build it and several other Piko and Pola kits..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

Pola 983 "Dieseltank".  A good kit for those with internal combustion stock... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pola 983 "Dieseltank". A good kit for those with internal combustion stock...   Pola 983 "Dieseltank".  A good kit for those with internal combustion stock... EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:55 am

Hi Spud, looks a nice little rural kit.
Has anyone got any ideas about the best adhesive to use on these kits?
I have always used the Pola glue supplied, but suffer from parts falling off. I recently tripped over my Roundhouse engine shed and it disintegrated (at the glued joints) so I need to reassemble it, using a better adhesive, or some screws.

Peter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pola 983 "Dieseltank". A good kit for those with internal combustion stock...   Pola 983 "Dieseltank".  A good kit for those with internal combustion stock... EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 2:13 am

I have one of these. I'm using it on a it on a scale IIf modular layout. I'm removing the tank, and using the superstructure as a storage shed for a small feldbahn loco.

cheers,
Scot O.
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: Pola 983 "Dieseltank". A good kit for those with internal combustion stock...   Pola 983 "Dieseltank".  A good kit for those with internal combustion stock... EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 3:06 am

That is an interesting idea Scot.

There is a Pola (now faller) kit in H0 that is used as a "handcar" shed.

The origins of the kit was Pola/Minitrains H0e engine shed...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-Model-Power-408-HO-Trackside-Maintenance-Kit_W0QQitemZ250434457599QQcmdZViewItemQQptZModel_RR_Trains?hash=item3a4f0e8fff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pola 983 "Dieseltank". A good kit for those with internal combustion stock...   Pola 983 "Dieseltank".  A good kit for those with internal combustion stock... Empty

Back to top Go down

Pola 983 "Dieseltank". A good kit for those with internal combustion stock...
Page 1 of 1