Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lego Digital Design Software

Go down 
+3
GWhizz
Spule 4
KleineDicke
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

Lego Digital Design Software Empty
PostSubject: Lego Digital Design Software   Lego Digital Design Software EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 3:24 pm

I came across this free download today. I was thinking maybe I'd dig out the Legos we have stored away in the attic and build something in G scale. Maybe one of these:
Lego Digital Design Software Locomotive.canalblog Very Happy

I haven't tried it out myself yet, but I thought I'd provide the link in case anybody else was interested.
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: Lego Digital Design Software   Lego Digital Design Software EmptyThu Nov 12, 2009 10:13 pm

Interesting.

A change from the books from days past.

On a trip to Chicago (Lego Store) I came back with their large train set with the green Krok and some extra track. You know, for my kids.... Very Happy

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Page=2&Set=7898-1
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Lego Digital Design Software   Lego Digital Design Software EmptyFri Nov 13, 2009 4:52 am

Well that "takes the biscuit"

A comment on the age! Simple building bricks computerised, it was bad (good) enough when they introduced Lego Technics!

Interestingly the BBC UK have been broadcasting a series with James May "Toy Stories" , where he's been recreating toys of yesteryear in large scale projects ...

Toy Stories

Airfix, Plasticene, etc.

This weeks programme was Meccano, now owned and made in France, and similarly morphed into digitally controlled robots etc. He even showed the coveted No.10 set. Over a period of years I just managed to scrape together most of a No.9. On discovering girls & cars I tragically sold it all - a decision I've often rued!

I think Lego's coming next week Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Lego Digital Design Software   Lego Digital Design Software EmptyTue Nov 17, 2009 9:10 pm

I've just watched the latest edition of "Toy Stories" not Lego but Scalextric, fascinating none the less! They're still recruiting for the Lego event so obviously later in the series.

Brilliant to see the world record breaking Scalextric track following the route of the old Brooklands, particularly as it went through the offices of two of my old clients - P&G and Sony. Took me back all of 12 years.

The next broadcast is "model trains" looks like 12 miles of OO track to be screened at Christmas??
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Lego Digital Design Software   Lego Digital Design Software EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 7:52 am

What happened to the train story?

I heard earlier on the news somewhere in the summer that they tried to connect 2 towns in Devon with 00 track along a disused railway line but spoilers kept coming along and lifting up the track.

They apparently caught one fat kid called Beeching. Wink

I would have thought G scale track would have been better and then they could have run live steam, electric and diesel too!

If they had organised it perhaps differently in the railway press and dare I say on the forums that could have been a fantastic event.

mmmm.....I wonder whether we could do that here? Idea
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Lego Digital Design Software   Lego Digital Design Software EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:24 am

Carl Hibbs wrote:

I would have thought G scale track would have been better and then they could have run live steam, electric and diesel too!

If they had organised it perhaps differently in the railway press and dare I say on the forums that could have been a fantastic event.

Great Idea! but with the per metre cost of G Gauge it would probably be as much as laying a new TGV line.

Perhaps Laurent can work out the best route from Normandy to the Charente for us with a quick costing?
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: Lego Digital Design Software   Lego Digital Design Software EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:38 am

Carl Hibbs wrote:
What happened to the train story?

I heard earlier on the news somewhere in the summer that they tried to connect 2 towns in Devon with 00 track along a disused railway line but spoilers kept coming along and lifting up the track.

They apparently caught one fat kid called Beeching. Wink

I seem to remember something that it was in Cornwall along the old railway line between Wadebridge and Padstow, back in the summer. but it may have been somthing compleately different.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Lego Digital Design Software   Lego Digital Design Software EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:04 pm

the idea of the series is that james May recreates the things he did in his young days but BIGGER. He insisted on using the same track,engines, and carriages that he had when he was a kid.
Although vandals disrupted part of the laid line, clever editing will make it appear as though the whole thing was a success. At the end of the run the track mounted the platform and came to a stop alongside a full size train. Many of the rail forums were contacted and volunteers took their track along for the attempt.

mikey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lego Digital Design Software   Lego Digital Design Software EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Lego Digital Design Software   Lego Digital Design Software EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 3:34 pm

mikeyh wrote:
the idea of the series is that james May recreates the things he did in his young days but BIGGER. He insisted on using the same track,engines, and carriages that he had when he was a kid.
Although vandals disrupted part of the laid line, clever editing will make it appear as though the whole thing was a success. At the end of the run the track mounted the platform and came to a stop alongside a full size train. Many of the rail forums were contacted and volunteers took their track along for the attempt.

mikey

Now you've gone and spoilt it Shocked I was looking forward to the screening bounce

Is the series I'm watching a re-run? I must have missed it first time out!
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Lego Digital Design Software   Lego Digital Design Software EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 3:58 pm

sorry Brian! Its been covered in most of the small scale forums/sites. I dont think ~i've spoilt it for you, theres a twist at the end when the wild pigs arrive and the naked twins from Padstow! Wink

Mikey
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Lego Digital Design Software   Lego Digital Design Software EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 11:55 pm

Disappointing that BBC iplayer will not work outside the UK. If anyone has missed the series , episodes 1- 4, Airfix, Scalextric, Meccano and Plasticene are on youtube and very good quality too. Search for username pully87. It comes in 10 minute chunks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lego Digital Design Software   Lego Digital Design Software Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1