Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello , les Américains !!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tram47

tram47

Hello , les Américains  !! Empty
PostSubject: Hello , les Américains !!   Hello , les Américains  !! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 8:05 am

News :
http://www.latribune.fr/green-business/l-actualite/20100426trib000502407/au-texas-la-graisse-de-boeuf-fait-rouler-les-trains-.html

To the Texas, the grease of beef done to roll the trains! It is a test conducted by the big American rail company Amtrak: on the Strong line Worth (Texas) - Oklahoma City (650 km), the train "Heartland Flyer" will circulate during a year with 20% of biodiésel in his motor - knowing that the American lines of iron way are not at all électrifiées.

Hello , les Américains  !! 833270
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Hello , les Américains !!   Hello , les Américains  !! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:52 pm

Au contraire, mon ami. There are electrified rail lines in America, although none in the "Heartland". The Amtrak services between Washington DC and Boston are almost entirely electrified. There was once significant electrification in the northwestern US as well (e.g. The Milwaukee Road) but the decision was made (when oil was cheap) to remove it rather than maintain it.

The "Heartland Flyer" travels as you noted between Fort Worth and OKC where there is no electrification. With the large stockyards in both cities, I am certain there is plenty of graisse de boeuf available. I wonder if the exhaust will smell like a steak on the grill?

The term "Flyer" is a relative one; except for a few special sevices (e.g. the Acela) most of Amtraks trains average less than 100 km/hr.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello , les Américains !!   Hello , les Américains  !! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi all! Bill living in California there are a LOT of people running there dismal's on bio-diesel and let me tell you it's not the pleasant odor of cooked beef but a chip shop that hasn't changed the oil in 6 month's!! They talk about being green but the smell is truly awful..........................
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: Hello , les Américains !!   Hello , les Américains  !! EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 8:56 pm

en Belgique , la graisse de pied de boeuf est utilisée pour la cuisson des frites !!!
et c'est meilleur que dans l'huile .
In Belgium, the grease of foot of beef is used for the cooking of the french fries!!!
And it is better than in the oil.
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Hello , les Américains !!   Hello , les Américains  !! EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:44 am

Maintenant je sais le secret des frites belgiques. (Aussi le secret des frites du Macdonalds.) En anglais, nous l'appelons "tallow".

Now I know the secret of Belgian fries. (Also the secret of Macdonalds fries.) In English, we call it tallow.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Hello , les Américains !!   Hello , les Américains  !! EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:55 am

Yuk!! but I like McDonalds!!

mikey
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Hello , les Américains !!   Hello , les Américains  !! EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:01 pm

mikeyh wrote:
Yuk!! but I like McDonalds!!

mikey

Actually, McDonalds (at least here in the colonies) stopped using their tallow blend oil a few years ago due to health concerns and now strictly use vegetable oil.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Hello , les Américains !!   Hello , les Américains  !! EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:05 pm

My fave burgers in US are Wendys. Mmmm scrummy!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Hello , les Américains !!   Hello , les Américains  !! EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:59 pm

Wendy's now has a $1.00 cheeseburger they call a Double Stack (since it has two patties on it. It's a bit on the small size, but for the price, it can't be beat. One of them makes a nice snack, while two make a good lunch. For $3, you can get one with fries and a coke. Mmmmmmmmmmm. Scrummy?
Hello , les Américains  !! Spacer
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Hello , les Américains !!   Hello , les Américains  !! EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 6:16 pm

I will never forget my blueberry pancakes for breakfast at Wendys. That is incredibly good value Bill. I dont eat burgers a lot but when i do they'd better be good!!

mikey
Back to top Go down
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Hello , les Américains !!   Hello , les Américains  !! EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:08 pm

I saw this in a country newspaper yesterday.
http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/article/2010/04/27/182215_back-paddock.html
A 5.7 kg roadburger. I guess that if I hadn't eaten for a couple of days and wanted to eat this, it would certainly be an effort.
The competion for the biggest burger wants to go to 10 kg.
(At my age it would be something to eat if I wanted an upset stomach and then constipation!)

Regards Andrew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello , les Américains !!   Hello , les Américains  !! EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:13 pm

That is a little silly, unless about 6 people shared it.
Back to top Go down
Knotty Ash

PostSubject: Re: Hello , les Américains !!   Hello , les Américains  !! EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:44 am

Saddletank wrote:
That is a little silly, unless about 6 people shared it.

Morning all I'm sorry whilst on holiday and staying with friends I lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks because I don't eat your fast food and when I did eat a meal it was too big for me, at my age I hate sending food back as we would have been glad of it during the war Les
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello , les Américains !!   Hello , les Américains  !! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello , les Américains !!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: