Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gijon, Villaviciosa and Covadonga

Go down 
+6
Bearcastle
KleineDicke
pjti
Carl Hibbs
mikeyh
David Grantham
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Carl Hibbs
Admin

Gijon, Villaviciosa and Covadonga - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gijon, Villaviciosa and Covadonga   Gijon, Villaviciosa and Covadonga - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 7:29 pm

...Did someone say live diesel.....? Laughing

The railway and construction look splendid David even in winter. And it looks like it's built to last.
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

Gijon, Villaviciosa and Covadonga - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gijon, Villaviciosa and Covadonga   Gijon, Villaviciosa and Covadonga - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 12:38 pm

Apologies for being slightly off topic but this maybe of some interest.

I have just completed modifications to my sunken garden shed to avoid the problem of a continuously rising water table threatening the integrity of the storage of my rolling stock.

My rolling stock is stored in a standard wooden garden shed which is located about 4 feet below ground level within a retaining wall of solid breeze blocks on a 6 inch concrete base. Originally I bored a plug hole in the concrete base to allow residual water to drain naturally but after about 3 years the water table would sometimes rise about 1 foot up into the shed threatening the structure and contents.

The best solution seemed to be to block the plug hole and install an automated bilge pump from a yacht underneath the shed. The only slightly tricky issue is balancing the size of the sump that the pump sits in with the pump detector level and the backflow after the pump stops as this can easily end up with the pump "cycling" continuously.

I guess the pictures are self explanatory.

Gijon, Villaviciosa and Covadonga - Page 3 Baby_p35

Gijon, Villaviciosa and Covadonga - Page 3 Baby_p36

Gijon, Villaviciosa and Covadonga - Page 3 Baby_p38
Back to top Go down

Gijon, Villaviciosa and Covadonga
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Garden railways-
Jump to: