Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Iberian Railway Society

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
David Grantham

Iberian Railway Society Empty
PostSubject: Iberian Railway Society   Iberian Railway Society EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 3:04 pm

Last week whilst googling around I chanced upon the Iberian Railway Society. Annual subs are a modest £13-50
and includes an excellent quarterly magazine. The summer 2010 edition includes articles on Northern Spain, the Alstom works in Valencia, Spanish pacific locos and Latour de Carol and Figueres.

The society is dedicated to furthering interest in the railways of Spain and Portugal.

The sec can be contacted at

Michael Guerra IRS
6 Nash Close
Welham Green
Hatfield
Herts
AL9 7NN

here is the site link

http://www.iberianrailwayssociety.org/

David

Last edited by David Grantham on Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Iberian Railway Society   Iberian Railway Society EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 3:26 pm

What a coincidence David, I was just about to send you a link. I have just had an email (yesterday) from the top man himself.

Quote :
Good Evening Patrick,

Many thanks for your enquiry regarding the IRS. The download subscription is £5, plus £5 for the older copies of Correo in PDF format which you will be able to download once payment is made. In order to process your subscription I will need your full name and address, once I have it I will send a PayPal payment request which includes a small extra fee of 25p to help cover PayPal fees.

I look forward to you joining our small but growing numbers.

With Best Regards,

DAVID STEVENSON
CHAIRMAN - IBERIAN RAILWAYS SOCIETY

Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Iberian Railway Society   Iberian Railway Society EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Thanks for that Patrick, I was going to ask them about back issues. Looks like some interesting stuff on FEVE in those.

David
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: Iberian Railway Society   Iberian Railway Society EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Well , at last I have managed a subscription, a few trials and tribulations but every thing is now hunky dory. I have downloaded all the back issues, some interesting old pictures - a lot are in colour. Looks like the articles will be interesting too. Did you subscribe yet David ?
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: Iberian Railway Society   Iberian Railway Society EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 8:54 pm

Hi Patrick.

Yes, possibly like you, I stumbled through the download process and got all the back issues on to my computer and now need to read them. The bits I have looked at are very interesting and have got me thinking about a trip to Northern Spain next May. Dont know if I can persuade Mrs Grantham to travel the length of La Robla for a third time but I just find the line irresistable and especially now they run loco hauled stock on some services. Additionally there is the new tourist train, a mini El Transcantabrico, that runs on the La Robla. Something like £400/500 for 4/5 days. Last normal fare I paid was about £16 one way, not bad for 200miles of ecstasy.

David

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iberian Railway Society   Iberian Railway Society Empty

Back to top Go down

Iberian Railway Society
Page 1 of 1