Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

An interesting statistic?

Go down 
+4
Carl Hibbs
GWhizz
philkelly
mikeyh
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeyh

mikeyh

An interesting statistic? Empty
PostSubject: An interesting statistic?   An interesting statistic? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 4:34 pm

Been looking at the statistics for this forum and it surprises me that out of 94 registered members there are only 13 regular posters (being defined as somebody who posts at least twice a week). Not that statistics are important and that they can be read in several different ways/ its just 'interesting'
mikey
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: An interesting statistic?   An interesting statistic? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:57 pm

The rest can watch and learn - I was dreaming about a garden railway for years before I started and I'm still learning!

PS to Brian - I have motored, connected and coded seven points and created routes - now I need 5 more point motors!
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: An interesting statistic?   An interesting statistic? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 7:02 pm

mikeyh wrote:
Been looking at the statistics for this forum and it surprises me that out of 94 registered members there are only 13 regular posters (being defined as somebody who posts at least twice a week). Not that statistics are important and that they can be read in several different ways/ its just 'interesting'
mikey

I wonder if there's a similar ratio on other forums?

I'm a registered membr on G Scale Central but hardly ever post there.

The problem I fear is that our 13 or so regular contributors have established railways and that may put off new entrants to the hobby from posting here?

All I would say to any that read this is "please post your pictures and or questions however limited your current railway or knowledge"

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: An interesting statistic?   An interesting statistic? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 7:04 pm

Well done Phil, just as well five of my point motors didn't disappear in the ravages the other night otherwise I'd be highly suspicious cyclops
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: An interesting statistic?   An interesting statistic? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:11 am

There is a ratio common to many forums of about 10-15% users - posters.
We are no different.

However I do look at guest URLs and a lot of 'you' look without being registered.

The main things I believe that keeps people interested are photos and details of new activities.

With a small forum of less than 100 that relies on 10 people or so publishing regularly.
However it's not an obligation to keep the forum going as people have other things in their lives than garden trains.

Post when you feel, when you like and that's it!

I'm going to bed..... Shocked
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: An interesting statistic?   An interesting statistic? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 9:17 am

Some none posters should get inspiration (or not as the case may be) by the slowness of progress of my railway.
I work on it in fits and starts, as inspiration, time and cash allow. I think the forum shows we all have different skills, some more than others….. I am in the latter camp, so more should try and post.
Back to top Go down
bruce

bruce

PostSubject: Re: An interesting statistic?   An interesting statistic? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 3:02 pm

I don't think I've posted on here for a while; but I do call by from time to time and am still interested in the modelling that I see (and enjoy) on this forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hdlr.moonfruit.com
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: An interesting statistic?   An interesting statistic? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 7:47 pm

i tend to talk too much Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.lazygrangebay.co.uk/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: An interesting statistic?   An interesting statistic? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 8:31 pm

We're listening Mike. What have you been up to? Are you still at Lazy Grange Bay?
Back to top Go down
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: An interesting statistic?   An interesting statistic? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:38 pm

hi carl, no , now divorsced, liveing in a 2 bed bungalow,with a 75ft long garden,in a small village (whitworth) which has 1 pub, 1 bakers, 2 chippys(1 english, 1 chineases) and a fudge factury..its the next village up from the bury to rawtenstall presvered railway..intrestingly, the bunglaows built on top off the older paert off that line...been busy knocking the gardens into shape, got a new 10ft shed, been busy getting it ready to start bulding a new lazy..
An interesting statistic? P1060358
An interesting statistic? P1060187
An interesting statistic? P1050801
An interesting statistic? P1050463
Back to top Go down
http://www.lazygrangebay.co.uk/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: An interesting statistic?   An interesting statistic? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 8:00 pm

What a shock Mike....Shocked

I don't venture on to other forums these days - not that I don't like them but just not enough time so I miss out on global news.

Good luck with new abode and railway. Lazy grange 3 eh? keep us posted with developments.

Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: An interesting statistic?   An interesting statistic? EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:19 am

Good to have you back Mike.

Must have been a wrench leaving Lazy Grange 2 behind Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: An interesting statistic?   An interesting statistic? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:12 am

French Chuffed wrote:
Some none posters should get inspiration (or not as the case may be) by the slowness of progress of my railway.
I work on it in fits and starts....

Ah, someone stole my post! Laughing

With the terrible rain this year (twice) and a summer of 90-100F from early June to right now has also kiboshed railway progress
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An interesting statistic?   An interesting statistic? Empty

Back to top Go down

An interesting statistic?
Page 1 of 1