Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Paulus

Paulus

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Hello!   Hello! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi all!

Normally I post on MLS but Spule 4 had noticed me about this great site because he knows I like continental narrow gauge and French narrow gauge in particular. And I'm glad he did!

I have a small garden railway with a French touch. I find my inspiration mostly in pictures of old French railways like the Bay de Somme and Vivairas but also in Maigret novels by Georges Simenon study (and of course the beautiful Maigret TV series with late Bruno Cremer, as he fitted perfectly the image I had in my mind of Maigret).

There is enough to tell about my railway (like all garden railways!) and I will soon post some things I worked on lately. But if you are already curious about my little railway you can always look at the pictures on: http://public.fotki.com/SmallGardenRailway/

A bien tot!

Paul
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Welcome Paul and I'm pleased you have joined.
A forum is only as good as the people and their participation. Wink

We're a bit quieter than MLS in this little corner of garden railways.

I had a quick look at your pictures and will revisit later. I saw lots of interesting items but I picked up on in the little railbus.
Is it based on any prototype or is it just freelance?

If you feel like doing a small aricle with information I would be very grateful.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:05 pm

Thanks Carl!

It's a freelance model railbus that had to be a bit French looking. It was/is one of my first scratch building projects and I used a simple Playmobil motorblock for it. It's powered by batteries and controlled by some RC electronics I took from a toy RC boat bought on a flee market. I learned a lot from this build, made some errors / did things I would do an other way a next time. I also learned some nice new things, like the luggage on the roof made out of Fimo clay.
The railbus is not finished (needs some detailing, perhaps lighting) and I'm planning to pick up the project this winter. So when I do I sure post a little article on it!

Actually I noticed something very funny and coincidental:
I started with this railbus after visiting a specific site a few times from a French garden railroader who had build some great looking G scale models. Now, I can't give you the address because the site stopped some time ago (or at least the link did not work anymore) but if I recall correctly it was called: Chemin de Fer de Guette (yellow background I believe, some song playing when opening the site if I remember correct?).
Does that ring a bell??? Wink

Paul
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:14 pm

...ah....so people did look at my old website then!

The reason it doesn't work anymore is that I moved house and the railway 'Le Chemin de Fer de la Guette' ceases to exist as such, although some of the track was left in place for the new owners.

I will redo the website one day when I have more time incorporating the new railway here.

I still have the G scale models of course and will be building some more over the winter.
I have another Billard railcar to do for sure.

I might copy a few things from yours and build a simple scratchbuild thing. I like the angled ends which look a bit like a Citroën HY van.
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Welkom aan ons forum, Paulus.

I also viewed some of your photos. You apparently have superb modelling skills.

Seems you had some help with the chopped wood car. What company made the car you started with? It doesn't look like LGB. The final result is quite convincing.

I like the Dubonnet conversion as well.

I look forward to seeing more of you here at CGT.

Tot ziens.
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 10:22 pm

Glad you are here Paul, just dummy me to take too long to suggest this to you.

Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 5:34 pm

Thanks guys!

Carl, please feel free to copy! And if you have any questions about it; please ask!

Bill, the chopped wood car is from "Echo Toys" from China and I bought it on a Dutch auction site. It runs on 45 mm track but you have to change the original wheels that are way too thick to go trough turnouts. I believe it's actually more 1:24 scale but it fits in nice.

Garrett, just glad you told me at last Wink

Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 1:45 pm

Bill, about your question on the chopped wood car (see 3 posts up).

I was going through Mikey's "Diary of Tramway Demiel" today (some great stuff btw!) and came across this page: https://continental-garden-t.forumotion.com/garden-railways-f2/a-diary-of-tramway-demiel-t25-345.htm
I directly remembered your question!
See the picture on the fourth post; the yellow car is the one!!
So it looks like it belongs in some kind of trainset?

Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: