Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?

Go down 
+3
Paulus
clive_t
Spule 4
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Spule 4

Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? Empty
PostSubject: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:49 pm

All:

Any good sources for interwar (late 1920s-30s) diecast cars and trucks?

I can find some good US trucks, many sold in Europe between the wars (Chevrolet, Ford, Studebaker), but not so much luck on correct cars:

http://www.diecastmodelswholesale.com/servlet/the-3615/1935-chevrolet-pickup-1-fdsh-24/Detail

http://www.diecastmodelswholesale.com/servlet/the-2212/1934-ford-tanker-1-fdsh-24/Detail

I guess I could do a Ford Model A in a pinch, but would like some more European offerings. But unfortunately, other than some large exotics and period race cars, there appear to not be many options?

http://www.diecastmodelswholesale.com/servlet/the-8166/Bugatti-Atlantic-Diecast-Model/Detail

Even the Citroen TAs are all postwar 11 or 15cv and not 7cv. Sad

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:30 pm

Garrett

Might there be something here?

http://www.carmodel.net/start.php?PDs+U0NMLS0yNC0wLTMwLTEtMTw6Pjw7Pjw6Pjw6Pjw6Pi0xLTw6PjA=

Or this link I posted elsewhere recently:

http://www.maqmadon.com/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:27 pm

In 1:24 / 1:25 scale these are hard to find indeed.

Solido has some great looking Citroen models in the 1930 era but all in 1:18 scale Sad

I thought the Burago 15CV is pre-war (1938/1939):

Burago 1:24 1938 Citroen 15 CV TA 2-tone red/black (great price btw!) Burago made those also in black and other versions (like firebrigade)

These Amercians will work fine for (late)mid-war Europe scenes :

Motormax 1:24 1940 Ford delivery van these were used for commercial purposes (I think I have a picture of it somewhere).

JADA 1:24 1939 Chevrolet Master DeLuxe (skip the hotrod wheels!!).

MotorMax 1:24 1939 Chevrolet Coupe, green

I keep looking for some more options... I'll be back Cool
Paul
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 3:09 am

OK, I did forget (a shame for a former officer No in a historic Citroen owner's club here in the US) that the 15CV did come just before the war, so yes, that would be correct. Most of the TAs I knew were post war 11s, a (late) friend had a Big Six, but his was from 1948 if memory serves.

Wow, the BERLIET trucks are nice (there is one rusting in a field an hour east of here) but unfortunately post war. Thank you for the link, and I will do some checking at the other one.

And Paul, much of the support for US trucks being in Europe came from some internet reading, and YOUR Very Happy Very Happy post over at MLS:

http://buzzybeeforum.nl/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=10018&sid=e2c7011d09fdc22e408cdbc517381e45

I may end up with a Ford BB and a Chevrolet (Opel) truck.

Would really love a Tatra T77, pre war Hanomag or Adler....
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 2:49 pm

Browsing from a link in another thread, I found these. They are not diecast - but card models. Do any of these work for you:

An AMO (Russian- I think?) truck:
http://www.gpm.pl/index.php?akcja=produkt&edycja=5724

A Fiat Fire Truck:
http://www.gpm.pl/index.php?akcja=produkt&edycja=1066

A Fiat Bus:
http://www.gpm.pl/index.php?akcja=produkt&edycja=1068

An Ambulance (Polish?)
http://www.gpm.pl/index.php?akcja=produkt&edycja=2026

Another truck:
http://www.gpm.pl/index.php?akcja=produkt&edycja=1054

A Citroen and a Hanomag (autos):
http://www.gpm.pl/eng/index.php?akcja=produkt&edycja=1050

There are others on this site as well.
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:38 am

Thanks. I had seen a Px48 I think that came from this vendor, but not the cars. Interesting, but I need something with a bit more "heft".
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:26 pm

There are some nice 1:24 plastic kits (heavier than the paper models but more fragile than a diecast car);

This very beautiful Heller 1:24 Renault Autobus

Heller Mercedes 170 delivery van
Airfix made a Mercedes 170 V (Berline) in 1:24 scale but I believe it's out of production (See this -german- forum for some pictures of it).
These look great for interwar period but are actually '50 models (!).

Also post war but very nice Renault 4VC (and in lovely police version).

And this nice Revell 1:24 BMW 3/15.
Revell also has this 1:24 1939 Opel Blitz (and some great Bussing trucks but these are... post war!).

Italeri brings 2 Opel Blitz versions:
Italeri 1:24 '39 Opel Blitz Fire truck (can be turned into a tanktruck)
1:24 Opel Blitz commercial truck (same as the Revell version).

Italeri did offer a 1:24 Rolls Royce but I don't think that was a common used vehicle (only in some classes).

Paul

Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:45 pm

Totally forgot to mention this one that one must certainly interest you Garrett! Wink

MAC 1:24 Praga An Beer Lorry and 1:24 normal Praga lorry

Some more finds:
Italeri 1:24 Mercedes 540K

Emhar 1:24 1939 Bedford "O" truck
Emhar 1:24 1939 Bedford OLBD truck

Paul
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:58 pm

And.... I keep on bugging you all...

Are these diecast models? My Chez is not soo good...

1:24 Praga Ambulance
1:24 Praga beer Lorry

Bedford bus (1949?)

Paul (who's going to diner now)...
Back to top Go down
dtsteam

dtsteam

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 9:08 pm

The bus is a diecast, and a very nice model, but not cheap.
The Bedford OB Vista may be a better bet than the double-decker
http://www.goldstarstockists.com/miscranges/sunstar-ob-coach.htm

While we are on the subject, I'm on the lookout for an American bus or coach kit in 1/24 that I could use as the basis of a South American "Ferro-Bus" - has anyone seen anything suitable ?
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:16 pm

dtsteam wrote:
The bus is a diecast, and a very nice model, but not cheap.
The Bedford OB Vista may be a better bet than the double-decker

Oops... I placed the wrong link. I mean this Bedford bus! Embarassed Embarassed
I see on the page you linked it's mentioned that these busses were first introduced in 1939.

dtsteam wrote:
While we are on the subject, I'm on the lookout for an American bus or coach kit in 1/24 that I could use as the basis of a South American "Ferro-Bus" - has anyone seen anything suitable ?

Perhaps RMR Resin has some kits you may like. Take a look at RMR Resin kits and scroll down to the 1:25 busses section.
Some very nice models, but pricy also....

Like this '55 Chevrolet bus:
Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? 55Chevybus

Paul
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 10:54 pm

Thanks for all the info. I have a friend that models military themes and has ordered several Czech made kits, I will ask him about a vendor for the trucks.

Sorry for the short answer now, busy for a while!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 3:55 pm

You boys never cease to amaze me with these manufacturers that I never knew existed.

Those resin kits of buses would make fantastic railcars. If DeDion and Renault made them then why not Dodge, Chevvy or Ford....?

They are on the face of it a bit pricey for a road vehicle kit perhaps but then if you look at the cost of a resin railcar shell from Apocopa, 200 euros plus....mmm I feel another project coming on! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 6:02 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
You boys never cease to amaze me with these manufacturers that I never knew existed.

I wish I could establish the manufactor of this 1:25 scale GM PD 4104 buskit.
It would be perfect for a "ferro bus"or "Autoferro" like the ones shown on this page:
Ferrocarriles del Ecuador .
dtsteam, is this more what you mean ? (hey, that rimes!) Smile Smile Smile
I experienced it's hard to find American diecast busses or kits in 1:25 / 1:24 indeed... Perhaps a toy in about the right scale?
Made me only more curious to your project! Wink

Paul
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:28 am

1980s resin, could be problems, many of the older resins were not as durable as those used today.

A friend checked into the Czech truck, unfortunately is is no longer available. Sad
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:19 am

What happen to all the Hella kits that were made, are they still going? I haven't seen them about much these days.
They made a great Renault bus at one time.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:48 pm

Garrett; the Praga trucks are available on TOM Modellbau.
The site is in German but I believe they ship worldwide (they do im- and export).

Paul
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 3:19 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
What happen to all the Hella kits that were made, are they still going? I haven't seen them about much these days.

I don't think the "vintage" kits have been made for years. There are still some around, but at "collectors" prices - try "Heller 1/24" on ebay. I've got several unmade kits acquired over the years - BMW Dixie (Austin 7), Citroen Trefle, TA, C14, Renault Vivastella and 4CV - but I'll build them one day, so they're not sale - sorry guys...
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:12 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:

Here is one on Ebay Carl: Heller Renault autobus. It's at 36 euro now...
Other old Heller kits go into re-runs now and then, like the two Renault 4CV 's that are announced as "nouveautés" on the company site: www.heller.fr.

Paul
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Ah, remember the Heller kits, did a CX and ID19 years ago, one was 1:43, the other was 1:12 or the like....
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:43 pm

Some more!
Don't know if these are exactly in scale but looking at the measurements that are mentioned I think the trucks will come close to 1:24 to 1:20 scale (the camionettes and passenger cars are a bit too big I'm afraid)
They are not super detailed, more tin-plate models and not cheap... but they have a nice look.

I've found them on: Planet-deco-cadeaux.com and some also on: Priceminister.com

Some examples:

CAMION CITERNE BP RENAULT TN ANNEE 1932:
Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? Renaultbp

Camion Citerne Bp Renault Ab Demi Cabine
Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? Renaultciternebp

CAMION DE POMPIERS CITROEN C4 ANNEE 1930
Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? CitroenC4

CAMION CITERNE BP CITROEN P45 ANNEE 1934
Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? Citroenp45

CAMION CITERNE ANTAR SAVIEM
Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? Q7154-1

Also found this one. Great price (15 euro!) but the pictures are not big enough to see detail (perhaps for a reason?)

Citroen Kegresse P17 1929 Maquette Tole 1:24

Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? 859736753_ML

Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?   Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5? Empty

Back to top Go down

Interwar European cars and trucks in 1:24-5?
Page 1 of 1