Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strikes and disruption

Go down 
+10
Spule 4
fm12
GWhizz
philkelly
mikeyh
Paulus
pjti
French Chuffed
clive_t
Carl Hibbs
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
philkelly

Strikes and disruption - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strikes and disruption   Strikes and disruption - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:
Also worth exploring is an old metre gauge line that ran west from Glos-Montfort (the station before Brionne) to Cormeilles which I will continue writing about when I get more time.

I found this story about the Rouen to Caen line which you might like.

Oh la vache !

Just checked and the N138 used to be the main Rouen - Tours road before the A28 was built. Now it has all changed.

Carl:

1. My 2005 Michelin hadn't caught up with the re-numbering; and
2. SNCF no doubt quoting the immortal words of the poet Bart Simpson, "Don't have a cow, man." Cool

Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Strikes and disruption   Strikes and disruption - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:07 pm

Oh la vache ! Now there's a french word that you're not likely to find in your dictionary - Meuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Strikes and disruption   Strikes and disruption - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 11:13 pm

Mike B wrote:
As a further thought. As your lycee is a technical college, get together with the woodwork and metalwork masters and start erecting a guillotine in the yard. When the students ask the obvious question state that as law and order is breaking down in France it is planned to be used as the form of ultimate corporal punishment... That should keep the 'little' sods in order! affraid

Mike

You could also construct a trébuchet and offer it as a alternate means of transportation home, just in case all the petrol runs out. They could be learning history, physics, and civics all at the same time.
Strikes and disruption - Page 3 Trebuchet
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Strikes and disruption   Strikes and disruption - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 5:45 pm

At last it seems to be quietening down...... cheers
No appreciable queues at the pumps and the sight of fuel deliveries.

It's the holidays and a change from the usual students I am doing a 'holiday school' with a small class of well-mannered college girls. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mike B

PostSubject: Re: Strikes and disruption   Strikes and disruption - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 6:06 pm

I love you bounce Twisted Evil What more can I say?

Mike
Back to top Go down
http://www.mikebrown.me
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strikes and disruption   Strikes and disruption - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Strikes and disruption
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: