Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Auction excitement...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paulus

Paulus

Auction excitement... Empty
PostSubject: Auction excitement...   Auction excitement... EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:42 pm

I just offered 35 euro on 2 playmobil RC loco's (one 2 axle steamer and one 4 axle e-loc) including RC controllers. Perfect for scratchbuild projects. The add state they may both be gone for 35 and since the 14th no one made a bidding. This could be a bargain!
Just E-mailed the seller.
Keep my fingers crossed...
Auction excitement... 969897
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Auction excitement...   Auction excitement... EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 9:01 pm

Seller accepted my bid!
I'm as happy as a child!

Any of you recognize this or am I the only greedy child over here? pirat

lol!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Auction excitement...   Auction excitement... EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:43 am

35 euros is a bargain if they are good and working.

The excellent single channel R/C equipment is easily worth that alone. I have used two in scratchbuilds and my only criticism is the moderately short range and they can be prone to intereference but otherwise great value.

Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Auction excitement...   Auction excitement... EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 10:39 am

I do hope the RC units work properly indeed... The railway is not so big but living in the city I suffer some interference with my normal RC units also.
I hope I can tell more later this week when the trains arrive.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Auction excitement...   Auction excitement... EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:36 pm

They arrived! And they are great!

Auction excitement... S5007135-vi

The red one did run directly when tested. Actually it was the intention to use it for a scratchbuild project but my youngest son (7) directly fell in love with it... But who can blame him?

Auction excitement... S5007126-vi

So now he has a loco of his own (his brother and sister are teenagers, so no jealousy to be aware of...) , Hopefully its getting him hooked into the hobby pirat !!!

Auction excitement... S5007130-vi

And a little movie in the twilight this evening:

Paul

The steamer did not run when arrived but after opening and cleaning up the electronics it did run (and very smoothly and silent also!). But this one definitely will be chopped up some day!

A video in the (even darker) twilight (sorry, no infrared / nightvision on my camera...).

Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: Auction excitement...   Auction excitement... EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:16 pm

As a wise man once said, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6)

Looks like you have made a good start.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Auction excitement...   Auction excitement... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:06 am

KleineDicke wrote:
As a wise man once said, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." (Proverbs 22:6)

Looks like you have made a good start.

Very Happy
Let's hope so!
He was out in the garden till bedtime playing with the engine... and it was cold...

Paul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auction excitement...   Auction excitement... Empty

Back to top Go down

Auction excitement...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: