Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sometimes helps to be an anorak!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeyh

mikeyh

Sometimes helps to be an anorak! Empty
PostSubject: Sometimes helps to be an anorak!   Sometimes helps to be an anorak! EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 2:15 pm

This advert appeared on our local expats forum a few days ago 'For sale, 3 genuine sncf carriage doors circa 1910 rare collectables 500 euros each' I sent a reply saying 'i might be interested but seeing as how sncf wasnt created until 1938 what compnay were they?'. Reply to me' oh the owner assumed they were sncf, there are no markings on any of them to say which company'. My reply; so how do you know they are circa 1910? Reply; Oh a dealer offered this price a few years ago so they must be old! Needless to say i then lost interest!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes helps to be an anorak!   Sometimes helps to be an anorak! EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 5:03 pm

Good to hear from you Mike !

You've been very quiet of late? Or is it my poor observation?

Is all OK down South?
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes helps to be an anorak!   Sometimes helps to be an anorak! EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 5:10 pm

A bit of both perhaps Brian. I could also say likewise!

mikey
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes helps to be an anorak!   Sometimes helps to be an anorak! EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 6:38 pm

mikeyh wrote:
This advert appeared on our local expats forum a few days ago 'For sale, 3 genuine sncf carriage doors circa 1910 rare collectables 500 euros each' I sent a reply saying 'i might be interested but seeing as how sncf wasnt created until 1938 what compnay were they?'. Reply to me' oh the owner assumed they were sncf, there are no markings on any of them to say which company'. My reply; so how do you know they are circa 1910? Reply; Oh a dealer offered this price a few years ago so they must be old! Needless to say i then lost interest!

Mikey

Neither genuine or rare...! affraid

Quite right Mikey the national railway company was along way away. I doubt very much whether they are from 1910, surviving 100 years two world wars and thousands of French rail strikes.

And even if.....what can one really do with 3 carriage doors apart from prop them up somewhere....It's not as though you could use them unless you have the matching carriage.....cheers and 500 euros each....joke.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes helps to be an anorak!   Sometimes helps to be an anorak! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sometimes helps to be an anorak!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: News and Information-
Jump to: