Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

anybody notice this

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
French Chuffed

anybody notice this Empty
PostSubject: anybody notice this   anybody notice this EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: anybody notice this   anybody notice this EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:28 pm

Yes I've seen that loco for real and that seems a good price!(at the moment). St Jean sur Mer impressed me in the magazines but i thought it was over-rated (and now overpriced) when i saw it 'in the flesh'

mikey
Back to top Go down
Paul Stainz Holt

Paul Stainz Holt

PostSubject: Re: anybody notice this   anybody notice this EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 7:39 pm

I was told by someone who saw the layout in action that the running characteristics were poor - they thought due to poor trackwork......the operator ran the locos too fast whilst being exhibited so that they wouldn't stall on points.

Must say though, the photos in the magazines I've seen were superb.
Back to top Go down
http://linzgstadtbahn.webs.com/
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: anybody notice this   anybody notice this EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:45 pm

Just to add comment that the Smiths...(not that Morrisey bloke) but Kirtley Model variety are exquisite skilled modellers.

St Jean sur Mer is beautiful layout with hand crafted models like the loco above.

Sadly I think its exhibition time had taken it's toll with wear and tear hence some of the comments.

However... there are peeps on here who are capable of just such modelling skills. Very Happy

Last edited by Carl Hibbs on Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: anybody notice this   anybody notice this EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 10:36 pm

A beautiful model for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anybody notice this   anybody notice this Empty

Back to top Go down

anybody notice this
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Model locomotives and rolling stock-
Jump to: