Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spule 4

DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách  Empty
PostSubject: DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách    DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách  EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 2:55 am

All-

I may have found myself an interesting DVD, time will tell when it comes across the ocean.....

http://corona-knihy.eshop-zdarma.cz/index.php?s=product&id=307

I have one Austrian one I like, and several German ones, many from Rio Grande video.
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách    DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách  EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:14 am

Great DVD, well worth the money if you like Czech narrow gauge lines.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách    DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách  EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:11 pm

Thanks for the short review Garrett!
Does it cover 1 Chez narrow gauge railway or more? Any steam in it?
I went through the website but it looks like it's the only DVD or book with English comment.
Seems to be a very reasonable price also (250Kc is less than 10 euro).
Rio Grande videos/DVD's are mostly 5 times that price...

Some nice other DVD's and books, but most only in Czech language (some in German!).
This book looks interesting: http://corona-knihy.eshop-zdarma.cz/index.php?s=product&id=436
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách    DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách  EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:17 am

The disc covers "2.5 railways...."

The JHMD (bulk of the disc) the Kolin museum line, and the efforts to re-build the cross-border FOD/Frydlant line, but I wonder if this August's severe floods in the area will be the end of that?

http://www.jhmd.cz/

http://www.hermanicka.wz.cz/

http://www.prozeny.cz/magazin/deti-a-rodina/tipy-na-vylet/14614-super-vylet-s-parnim-vlackem

Steam on two, diesel (HF130C and a few metres of track) on the FOD.

While it says it is in Czech, German and English, either I ended up with an English version, or I cannot find the language menu selection.

While I can stumble through German and English, my Czech is non-existant.

Rio Grande, having several of their DVDs here, they are nice. However, this video is not done to the same quality as a Grande disc. Not a complaint, because of the topic and coverage they give.

I have a couple Austrian discs I wish to get, and one on the Wassertalbahn.

Last edited by Spule 4 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách    DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách  EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:19 am

Oh yes, about the book, Corona have done several on Czech narrow gauge lines and locomotives, but see my comment about not knowing Czech!

DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách  547623
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách    DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách  EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Thanks Garrett.
Lets hope the plans for the Frydlant line will continue. At least the museum still exist but it will be great to take a ride!
Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách    DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách  EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:21 am

Paulus wrote:
Thanks Garrett.
Lets hope the plans for the Frydlant line will continue. At least the museum still exist but it will be great to take a ride!

Unfortunately, I think little railways is the least of the concerns in the area now. Sad

Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách    DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách  EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 5:13 pm

That looks terrible indeed...
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách    DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách  Empty

Back to top Go down

DVD....Úzkorozchodné železnice v Čechách
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Full size 1:1 trains-
Jump to: