Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ryanair Magazine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pjti

Ryanair Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Ryanair Magazine   Ryanair Magazine EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 9:20 am

Just got back from Uk. There was an interesting article written in the inflight magazine about FEVE. I thought I would share it with you. Unfortunately the link does not have the photographs that wee in the hard copy but I hope you can enjoy it anyway. The fact that you can have 1 month unlimited travel ticketfor €75 is especially interesting.

Ryanair FEVE Article
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

Ryanair Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryanair Magazine   Ryanair Magazine EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:49 am

Thanks for that Patrick. After reading it I really fancy that trip!

Mikey
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

Ryanair Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryanair Magazine   Ryanair Magazine EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:31 pm

Thanks, Patrick. I really enjoyed reading the article. Sounds like a great trip.
Back to top Go down
pjti

Ryanair Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryanair Magazine   Ryanair Magazine EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 11:17 pm

You're welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
pjti

Ryanair Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryanair Magazine   Ryanair Magazine EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 9:38 pm

Not much feedback on this one - I guess folk must think they wiil be charged for reading it Smile
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

Ryanair Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryanair Magazine   Ryanair Magazine EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 9:14 am

The line from Santander to Gijon and Ferrol is indeed very picturesque and coastal and certainly is well worth a trip but it does not compare to the Santander, Bilbao, Leon, Oviedo, Santander triangle.

IMHO the triangle is superior because it has vastly more variable spectacular mountainous and seascape scenery, does not require a return duplicate trip along the some route, includes the unbelievable but soon to be replaced Pajares pass and provides one of the great railway journeys using the historic 200 mile La Robla railway over the Cordillera Cantabrica. Additionally it is a more compact route and can sometimes be completed in 2 days, but 3 would be better. For the more nerdy, including myself, it also allows a proper loco hauled train to be used on the La Robla section on certain days of the week. Finally Ferrol is a bit grot.

Having said that all of FEVE is well worth experiencing, even Ferrol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ryanair Magazine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ryanair Magazine   Ryanair Magazine Empty

Back to top Go down

Ryanair Magazine
Page 1 of 1