Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My start with the RailBoss from G-Scale Graphics!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paulus

Paulus

My start with the RailBoss from G-Scale Graphics! Empty
PostSubject: My start with the RailBoss from G-Scale Graphics!   My start with the RailBoss from G-Scale Graphics! EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 5:12 pm

Well, a video tell more than words:

Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

My start with the RailBoss from G-Scale Graphics! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My start with the RailBoss from G-Scale Graphics!   My start with the RailBoss from G-Scale Graphics! EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 10:24 am

OK, some words in addition:

Although my first plan was to build it in the Stainz itself I decided to build it in a car instead. First because it was a real bugger to build it in the Stainz (it would fit in the cab but than you would clearly see it) and second this gives me the possibility to hook up other small engines to the car. This way I can choose what engine to run, plug it on to the car and run. I can easily covert my track powered LGB stock to be controlled by this, simple removing the track/wheel power pickups and power the engine through the cable (most LGB engine already have a connector on the rear).

At the moment the lights of the engine are still connected to the motor. But it's possible to connect the lights to the RaillBoss also. I have to make a second wire than, that can be used for lights on the other engines as well (so instead of 1 cable between the engine and the car, there will be 2; one for the power and one for the lights).

I'm also planning to use the LED light connectors on the RailBoss to power the LED lights in the cars or coaches behind the car. So a third cable will be added on the other site to connect them to the rest of the cars.

Also I can connect a sound module. I'm not sure yet if I'm gonna use one although a bell, whistle or horn would be nice one day.

And there are other possibilities, like the automatic station stops etc using the read-switch that comes with it or by programming the settings. Well, that's all for later to figure out, at the moment I'm just glad that I have found a (for me understandable and simple) way to run my other engines without changing them too much.
cheers
Paul
Back to top Go down

My start with the RailBoss from G-Scale Graphics!
Page 1 of 1