Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Roundhouse loco

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
David Grantham

New Roundhouse loco Empty
PostSubject: New Roundhouse loco   New Roundhouse loco EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:16 am

Latest Roundhouse engine at about £1575 manual. 2ft 6ins prototype and quite a large engine. No good if you dont like cheesehead screws and do like R1 curves as minimum radius is about 3 feet.

http://www.roundhouse-eng.com/

Absolutely beautiful.
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: New Roundhouse loco   New Roundhouse loco EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:53 pm

The Darjeeling is still my favorite Roundhouse product. Maybe not as pretty, but full of character. Love those lights.

I like the Fowler as well.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: New Roundhouse loco   New Roundhouse loco EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:42 am

Nice looking machine I suppose but it's more of the same again from Roundhouse.

All that's best and worst.

They are so stuck in their ways. scratch
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: New Roundhouse loco   New Roundhouse loco EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Is that fair Carl ?

Afterall how many French live steam manufacturers are there and how many British locos do Regner produce ?
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: New Roundhouse loco   New Roundhouse loco EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:40 pm

David Grantham wrote:
Is that fair Carl ?

Afterall how many French live steam manufacturers are there and how many British locos do Regner produce ?

It's probably a bit unjust but surely it's about time they did something with those screws and tab and slot construction.

I just wish they or anyone would take up the challenge and built a French loco.

BTW, Regner produce 2 British locos at the moment Victoria and Challoner but did once produce a Welsh sort of prototype called Mona.
Although Willi and Conrad were aimed with the British market in mind (and were released with English instructions) and then there are Lumberjack and the American Shays. The new one is 998€ part assembled.
Back to top Go down
David Grantham

PostSubject: Re: New Roundhouse loco   New Roundhouse loco EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 6:24 am

Presumably Worsley Works could be coerced into initiating an etch Corpet Louvet body to fit on a generic 030 chassis from Accucraft or Roundhouse.

I would commit to one immediately and maybe more and we only need 3 sales to warrant the initiation costs, according to the WW web site.

Alternatively could CGT go it alone and design and produce etch ? If more than a few units were sold then that could be a very healthy financial situation.

I think I remember you said you had talked to Worsley Works. What was your conclusion ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Roundhouse loco   New Roundhouse loco Empty

Back to top Go down

New Roundhouse loco
Page 1 of 1