Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One axle trailer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
philkelly

philkelly

One axle trailer Empty
PostSubject: One axle trailer   One axle trailer EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:14 pm

OK, railbus done, on to the next. I want a two wheel trailer to run behind the De Dion, like this

One axle trailer Remorque1essieuxStCC3A9cileJ_Ricaud

I think most of these were pretty well home made, so it's the look I'm after, but I've forgotten where I got this pic from and can't find any references. Does anyone know where there are pics (or even better, drawings) of single axle trailers? The wheel set will be this, nicked from a Playmo wagon. At least then I know the axle will be square - I don't do chassis!

One axle trailer Trailerbogeysmall

Phil
Back to top Go down
Clarkmeggs

Clarkmeggs

One axle trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: One axle trailer   One axle trailer EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 8:39 pm

Phil

Looks like the Vivarais but pictures I have seen look less home made - more chopped De Dions. Looks a good project though - just need to get the springs below the axle to satisfy the rivet counters Smile

Sorry do not have a link and my Vivarais books are in France and I am here in London.

Peter

PS / stop press photo 3.17 in John Organ's Southern France Narrow Gauge shows one being loaded at St Privat de Vallongue on the Lozere plus photo 3.2 shows your one parked at Yssingeaux.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

One axle trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: One axle trailer   One axle trailer EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:24 pm

Phill; In Voie\libre magazine a year or so ago there was an article with drawings etc of the very thing. I*ll dig it out and post later if you like
Mikey
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

One axle trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: One axle trailer   One axle trailer EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:26 pm

Mikey: That's great. I've got some back copies of Voie Libre: can you let me know the issue number?
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

One axle trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: One axle trailer   One axle trailer EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 7:29 am

Hi Phill, it was further back than I thought! Issue 45, November 2007. Although the model made is in O there are some great drawings and photos of the trailer in use?

mikey
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

One axle trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: One axle trailer   One axle trailer EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 10:41 am

Mikey:
Terrific - many thanks. I've got issue 45, so the problem is solved! Construction guide, drawings and more pics. On y va!

Phil
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

One axle trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: One axle trailer   One axle trailer EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 11:58 am

Nice idea Phil! I'm really looking forward to your work on this one.

Although you already have the information you need I thought I just post a link to a drawing that you can find online: http://www.passion-metrique.net/pagesweb/notices/RemorqueRB.jpg

I found it on this page that contains a lot of interesting stuff and plans:
http://www.passion-metrique.net/pagesweb/notices/notices.htm

Paul
Back to top Go down
philkelly

philkelly

One axle trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: One axle trailer   One axle trailer EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 1:56 pm

Reports of my absence from modelling have been greatly exaggerated. Thanks to Mikey (Voie Libre 45) and Paul, I have begun work on the trailer.

First, Playmobil wheelset glued to base:

One axle trailer SmallIMG_0888

Second, coffee stirrer sides - glued to plasticard with plasticard t-strips on top: I know the De Dion trailers don't have boarded wooden sides, but I am imagining that mine was home made by the railway out of wagon bits to hand...

One axle trailer SmallIMG_0892

First assembly:

One axle trailer SmallIMG_0895

Now, on to construction of tilt, painting, etc. I am going to wait until I get back to France and have access to the railcar to work out the best way of constructing a coupling that both works and looks enough like the real thing...
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

One axle trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: One axle trailer   One axle trailer EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Great start!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One axle trailer Empty
PostSubject: Re: One axle trailer   One axle trailer Empty

Back to top Go down

One axle trailer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Model locomotives and rolling stock-
Jump to: