Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tommie, teenager with ball

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Paulus

Paulus

Tommie, teenager with ball Empty
PostSubject: Tommie, teenager with ball   Tommie, teenager with ball EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 5:59 pm

Last week I worked on this little guy called Tommie, a frolicsome teenager with a ball waving to his friends or perhaps a train passing by.

Although he is a bit smaller than the rest of my home-made folks (one head shorter) he did turn out a bit bigger as I wanted altogether. He's ment to be arround 1:22,5 but probably he's more 1:20 scale (as usual, my figures always turn out a bit bigger, perhaps I must try to build 1:29 scale to come to the right size Rolling Eyes )
Faces and hands are still hard for me to do and those parts turned out just not the way I had hoped for, but not bad either. Perhaps using Preisser parts will work for me as well.

But than again, it's just fun to do and my figures are getting better each time, so I'm actually very happy with it.
And I'm pleased with his cap, made from a small piece of a plastic coffeemilk cup!

For who is interested, there are more "step-by-step pictures" in this picture album.

The gray is primer. The green on his feet is the Milliput color (I had him taped down during spraying).
Now on to some painting!

Tommie, teenager with ball PICT0002modified-vi

Tommie, teenager with ball PICT0003modified-vi

Paul Basketball
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Tommie, teenager with ball   Tommie, teenager with ball EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 6:11 pm

Some excellent detail Paul even down to the shape and form of the trainers.

Looks a bit like one of the oiks in year seconde that I teach (...well try to).

Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Tommie, teenager with ball   Tommie, teenager with ball EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:42 am

Thanks Carl!

I have painted him now. The clothes are a bit too glossy and need a layer of dull coat, but the pictures give a good idea how he has turned out.

I'm thinking of using some sort of wire for fingers the next time to prevent hands are looking like baseball gloves....

Paul

Tommie, teenager with ball 25381511405677-vi

Tommie, teenager with ball PICT0136modified-vi

Last edited by Paulus on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: Tommie, teenager with ball   Tommie, teenager with ball EmptyTue May 31, 2011 7:54 pm

Great work Paul, a real little character Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: Tommie, teenager with ball   Tommie, teenager with ball EmptyTue May 31, 2011 10:04 pm

nice work! He's an ugly little bu€€er isn't he?

would love to see his Mum!!

mikey
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Tommie, teenager with ball   Tommie, teenager with ball EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 5:04 pm

Thanks guys!
Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tommie, teenager with ball   Tommie, teenager with ball Empty

Back to top Go down

Tommie, teenager with ball
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Trackwork, Model figures, buildings and accessories-
Jump to: