Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Long Arm of the Law...

Go down 
+3
mikeyh
Carl Hibbs
clive_t
7 posters
AuthorMessage
clive_t

clive_t

The Long Arm of the Law... Empty
PostSubject: The Long Arm of the Law...   The Long Arm of the Law... EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:05 pm

Hello again, I have once again been busy with the Milliput etc, constructing another policeman figure... well, someone is evidently needed to deal with the recent upsurge in the numbers of 'anti-socials' in the area!

This is another in the vein of 'scratch-built body, Preiser head' types.

So, to start, our copper skeleton - thinner wire than last time, much easier to bend:
The Long Arm of the Law... Copper_1

Then the bulking up of the basic body shape, with Milliput:
The Long Arm of the Law... Copper_2

The Long Arm of the Law... Copper_3

Try the head for size, with a bit of Blutak to hold it in place. Carl and Mikey will probably note the facial resemblance to certain other law-men in their respective vicinities!:
The Long Arm of the Law... Copper_3b

Continuing to bulk up the body and legs:
The Long Arm of the Law... Copper_4

The Long Arm of the Law... Copper_5

Then the formation of the feet:
The Long Arm of the Law... Copper_6

The Long Arm of the Law... Copper_6b

Then finally (for now) the formation of the distinctive helmet:
The Long Arm of the Law... Copper_7

To be continued!

Remember... "keep 'em peeled"... Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: The Long Arm of the Law...   The Long Arm of the Law... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 5:45 am

Ah...Brothers in arms!

Excellent head pose. You can already imagine what he's saying.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: The Long Arm of the Law...   The Long Arm of the Law... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 8:14 am

I have an idea he is going to be moving the beggar on! (hope so , they're a bl""""y nuisance!!)

mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: The Long Arm of the Law...   The Long Arm of the Law... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:31 pm

Some more progress...

The collar and tie are added, as indeed are the beginnings of the helmet emblem:
The Long Arm of the Law... Copper_8

Then the lapel detail of the tunic are added:
The Long Arm of the Law... Copper_9

The Eagle-eyed amongst you will notice that the face, as yet unpainted, has nevertheless acquired eyebrows! This was the result of an experiment with a thin marker pen, of which I have managed to obtain several in various colours and shades.

At the back, he now has hands (and is indeed ready for any back-chat!):
The Long Arm of the Law... Copper_10
The hand holding the truncheon is a Preiser 'off-cut' left over from a previous figure. The other is a blob of GS mangled into something which, with eyes sufficiently squinted and devoid of spectacles, could indeed pass for something resembling a right hand...

Finally, for now, the tunic has been augmented with belt, pockets and shoulder-tabs; the helmet badge has been shaped into the 8-pointed 'star' with the crown on top - sort of! You will have to take my word for it that the badge has "E II R" in the middle of it!:
The Long Arm of the Law... Copper_11

Back to top Go down
GWhizz

GWhizz

PostSubject: Re: The Long Arm of the Law...   The Long Arm of the Law... EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:43 pm

Ah ha! A british counterpart to the Gendarme you made for me!

The Long Arm of the Law... Onion_10
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: The Long Arm of the Law...   The Long Arm of the Law... EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Rumour has it they are related, Brian! Not only that, but it has also been postulated that a certain Demiel-based lawman's memoires would make interesting reading! Shocked
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: The Long Arm of the Law...   The Long Arm of the Law... EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:43 pm

Well, folks, here is our finished law-man:

The Long Arm of the Law... Copper_12

I forgot to take a photo of him all sprayed grey with primer but, hey, you've seen one...
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: The Long Arm of the Law...   The Long Arm of the Law... EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Amazing work yet again Clive, always an inspiration to see.
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: The Long Arm of the Law...   The Long Arm of the Law... EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:08 pm

As you may or may not know I spent 16 of 25 years in a suit like that and apart from the jacket being a tad too short, you've got it spot on Clive! I would say that his truncheon is a little too pointed but after being told many times where i could stick my truncheon, perhaps insertion would be easier!!!

mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: The Long Arm of the Law...   The Long Arm of the Law... EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Thanks Peter, for your most kind comments.

Mikey, it's a fair cop! I forgot the 'behind' view...

The Long Arm of the Law... Copper_12b

The truncheon is now a small bit of Milliput, drilled through at one end and threaded with some thin black cross-stitch thread.

Point taken about the tunic. If I were to express some criticism of my own, it would be that the body looks a bit too long in relation to the legs - having said that, people come in an infinite variety of shapes and sizes, so I won't be beating myself up about it - too much anyway!
Back to top Go down
mikeyh

mikeyh

PostSubject: Re: The Long Arm of the Law...   The Long Arm of the Law... EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Seriously it's an excellent figure Clive! Curious about the colour: did you mix it or was it 'straight out of the tube'?

mikey
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: The Long Arm of the Law...   The Long Arm of the Law... EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:46 pm

The colours are all 'out of the tin' - the black is Humbrol matt, the rest are Games Workshop acrylics. I still need to spray it with matt varnish, but i am concerned that it might dull the black to a grey...i might try a test on something else first
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

PostSubject: Re: The Long Arm of the Law...   The Long Arm of the Law... EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 2:09 am

You, sir, are an artist. What a great figurine. I like the details- especially the TPR.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: The Long Arm of the Law...   The Long Arm of the Law... EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 7:45 pm

It's excellent Clive! Very nice details. Beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Long Arm of the Law...   The Long Arm of the Law... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Long Arm of the Law...
Page 1 of 1