Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

16mm Narrow Gauge ? A visitor from the UK !

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GWhizz

GWhizz

16mm Narrow Gauge ?  A visitor from the UK ! Empty
PostSubject: 16mm Narrow Gauge ? A visitor from the UK !   16mm Narrow Gauge ?  A visitor from the UK ! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 4:45 am

I've just been approached by a Tim Gregson of the Association of 16mm Narrow Gauge Modellers via my website.

He's over on holiday staying near Cognac, anyone on here members of said society?, first I'd heard of it? but then this is about the only forum that keeps my interest!

Perhaps you know Tim?

If anybody can point him in direction of local railway sites of interest, PM me and I'll pass on his details!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: 16mm Narrow Gauge ? A visitor from the UK !   16mm Narrow Gauge ?  A visitor from the UK ! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 5:51 am

GWhizz wrote:
..... the Association of 16mm Narrow Gauge Modellers ...... ..... anyone on here members of said society?, first I'd heard of it?

Perhaps you know Tim?

.... local railway sites of interest.

Cheers

Don't know Tim but I used to be a member of 16mm association. Scale IIe in contrast to IIm.

Not familiar with railway sites in the Cognac area but this is the best reference I know for railways of interest in France. UNECTO

On his way down...presuming he is driving from the north he might like this place not too far from Tours/Saumur that I have visited:Train de Rillé. It's a 60cm line around a very large lake through woods. They are very welcoming and have an extensive collection of stock including some very large steam locomotives.

GWhizz wrote:
.....but then this is about the only forum that keeps my interest!
I love you
Back to top Go down
fm12

fm12

PostSubject: Re: 16mm Narrow Gauge ? A visitor from the UK !   16mm Narrow Gauge ?  A visitor from the UK ! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 6:45 am

Been a member for 18 months now.When you visit in August Brian,I`ll pass on a couple of 16mm mags.

Van In Dover waiting to board Seafrance ferry to Calais.The food is cr*p but Seafrance is cheaper than PO at the moment.For freight anyway.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: 16mm Narrow Gauge ? A visitor from the UK !   16mm Narrow Gauge ?  A visitor from the UK ! EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:21 am

Welcome Tim (He's just joined...) Very Happy

If you need any further help with trains in France please let us know.

There aren't that many garden railways in France compared to the UK but visitors are welcome here just off the A28 junction 14.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 16mm Narrow Gauge ? A visitor from the UK !   16mm Narrow Gauge ?  A visitor from the UK ! Empty

Back to top Go down

16mm Narrow Gauge ? A visitor from the UK !
Page 1 of 1