Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

uploading photos - Irish Railways

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dufrok

uploading photos - Irish Railways Empty
PostSubject: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:59 pm

hello all, am new to this, whats the best way to upload photos. I have set up a photobucket album , what do I do next?
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:22 pm

Hi,

I use Photobucket too, it's fairly straightforward

Assuming you have uploaded your photo, when you hover your mouse pointer over it you are presented with 3 different representations of a link to it: one of them is labelled 'IMG code'. If you click on that field, it should automatically copy. All you do then is paste the copied text into a post window on here. When you preview or post, you should then see the pic.

Hope this helps, try replying to this with the copied IMG link!

If not come back to us and we can try again

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:27 pm

Fáilte a chur roimh (or welcome), dufrok! Surprised

If you have oictures in a photobucket album you can do the following when you are posting.

Click on the uploading photos - Irish Railways Pictur10 button and fill in the URL of the picture on Photobucket.

I believe Photobucket also displays several codes for forums etc. If there is a code starting with [img] than you can copy that code and paste it in your post.

Paul

EDIT: Clive just beat me... Wink

Last edited by Paulus on Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:30 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : almost same answer same time...)
Back to top Go down
pjti

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:32 pm

Welcome Dufrok - was in Ireland (Wicklow) for 4 years and many holidays there. Where are you based ?
Back to top Go down
dufrok

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 6:59 pm

Thanks very much for the advice, will give that a go. Am living in Dundalk, Patrick about 60 miles ( 100 kilometres? ) from Wicklow, on the east coast. Bit cooler than Spain, unfortunately!
Back to top Go down
dufrok

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:29 pm

Have clicked on IMG code, which says its copied. Am I going in the right direction?
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:38 pm

Yep - when you do a reply to this, do a paste, and you'll see [ IMG ] then the link then [/ IMG ] - your pic should then appear when you post your message
Back to top Go down
dufrok

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:11 pm

uploading photos - Irish Railways 2011327

Donegal Railways ( Ireland ) Diesel shunter ' Phoenix '

Body by Worsley Works kit.

Chassis scratchbuilt by my father.

Paint and electrics by myself.
Back to top Go down
dufrok

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:19 pm

uploading photos - Irish Railways Dromod2011028

A nice Ruston loco originally owned by Bord Na Mona ( Irish Turf Board ) now preserved

on the Cavan and Leitrim Railway. www.cavanandleitrim.com
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Well that worked! Nice pics... got any more of the rest of your line?
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:45 pm

That diesel shunter ' Phoenix ' is a beauty!!!!
Back to top Go down
dufrok

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:53 pm

[uploading photos - Irish Railways Dromod2011030IMG]https://2img.net/h/i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff403/dufrok/dromod2011029.jpg[/IMG]

Also at Dromod railway station, a bus body mounted on two bogies
Back to top Go down
dufrok

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:58 pm

uploading photos - Irish Railways 2011junejuly074

And one last one, for the moment, what I got for my birthday this year.

Well, not the whole locomotive, but a mornings instruction on how to drive it.

Loco General Motors 146 bought by Irish Rail in 1962 and preserved by The Irish Traction

Group.
Back to top Go down
dufrok

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:13 pm

Thanks Clive, The line looks better in the photo than it really is. I am making a few

adjustments at the moment, so it should be more presentable shortly.
Back to top Go down
dufrok

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:27 pm

Thanks Paul

Im happy with the way ' Phoenix ' turned out.

It is quite heavy and low geared, so runs at a nice speed.

I have fitted it with Timpdon R/C equipment which allows you to switch the headlight on or

off separately from the speed control. ( which I think looks very impressive, as it passes )
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 7:57 pm

What excellent contributions. Very Happy

The Pheonix is very well done. Did your father scratchbuild the whole chassis including springs and axleboxes? What material are they made of?

We like pictures here so don't economise.

The Irish railways are fascinating and I know very little.
Back to top Go down
dufrok

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:18 pm

The chassis was built using brass.

The springs and axleboxes were cast in aluminite. The model made from brass strip and a

mould made from it. Chopper couplings were bought from Brandbright.

'Phoenix' is preserved in Cultra railway museum, outside Belfast in Northern Ireland.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: uploading photos - Irish Railways   uploading photos - Irish Railways Empty

Back to top Go down

uploading photos - Irish Railways
Page 1 of 1