Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Something of interest to the French "ride on" size modellers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Spule 4

Something of interest to the French "ride on" size modellers Empty
PostSubject: Something of interest to the French "ride on" size modellers   Something of interest to the French "ride on" size modellers EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:05 am

Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: Something of interest to the French "ride on" size modellers   Something of interest to the French "ride on" size modellers EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:15 am

Nice link Garrett, thanks! I'm always impressed by the size of those ride-on railways.
Just only take a look on the construction and building of the railway; some real civil engineering! (look at the size of that turntable or tunnel for instance...).

It would be so great to buy a house with a nice garden around it and let the trains ride around and you can really sit on them and ride along... Turning the shed into a station, the garage into an engine shed, a bridge over the pond...
Ah... I guess I never will get that, but it are such sweet dreams...

Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Something of interest to the French "ride on" size modellers   Something of interest to the French "ride on" size modellers EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:53 am

I wish too....we have the space but not the time ...nor the money.

A Decauville would certainly look the part here though.

Back to top Go down
Spule 4

PostSubject: Re: Something of interest to the French "ride on" size modellers   Something of interest to the French "ride on" size modellers EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:17 am

Honestly, IF I were to do "ride on" stuff, I think something like a "Simplex" IC loco would be of interest, and at 7.25/7.5" gauge could be built around 1/3-1/4 full scale.

Others have done 1/2 scale Heywood stuff, kind of interesting.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something of interest to the French "ride on" size modellers   Something of interest to the French "ride on" size modellers Empty

Back to top Go down

Something of interest to the French "ride on" size modellers
Page 1 of 1