Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Happened to My weekend

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

What Happened to My weekend Empty
PostSubject: What Happened to My weekend   What Happened to My weekend EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:11 pm

Thought I'd share a couple of photos depicting my weekend.

On Friday morning, I was told we had an "incident" at the rail car loading rack in the chemical plant where I work. Incident usually means something bad, and so it was. While shunting rail cars onto a siding, the loco operator failed to connect the air brake hoses. He soon discovered the loco brakes are inadequate for stopping 10 tanker cars and why Mr. Westinghouse invented air brakes in the first place. At the end of the siding was a bunker, but it didn't stop the cars either. Beyond the bunker there is a pipe rack carrying several hazardous chemicals (including ethylene oxide) and numerous electrical and instrument conduits. The results are predictable.

Image hosted by servimg.com

Image hosted by servimg.com\

Fortunately, nobody was injured and there was no loss of containment. It has shut down our plant for at least a week and we can't ship any product already made, at least not by rail. An expensive mistake, n'ect ce pas?
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to My weekend   What Happened to My weekend EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:36 am

Houston, we've got a problem!

Shutting down the plant for a week... But several (expensive) lessons learned: not connecting the air brakes is not a good option, it can be considered that the bunkers need some extra re-enforcement and (perhaps the most important) directly after and in line with the track is perhaps not the best place for a pipe rack with hazardous chemicals...

At least it was a weekend to remember. Wink
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to My weekend   What Happened to My weekend EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:28 pm

Good God.....

Nearly national news headlines and evacuation of Houston....That's pretty serious.

I believe there's a job going for a shunter, no experience necessary! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Happened to My weekend   What Happened to My weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

What Happened to My weekend
Page 1 of 1