Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dupont et Dupond

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Paulus

Paulus

Dupont et Dupond Empty
PostSubject: Dupont et Dupond   Dupont et Dupond EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:41 pm

AKA: Thomson and Thompson or Jansen and Janssen.

Could only take 1 picture of them because my camera batteries were flat again. But believe me, they look nice on the balcony of a car.

Those 2 figures are just the right size for G scale folks. They come with the Mac Donalds Happy Meal to promote the new TinTin movie.
For less than four euro you get 2 figures and a free meal... or wait, it was the other way around... a meal with free figures I believe.

Dupont et Dupond PICT05932-vi

There are also other TinTin figures, like captain Haddock with a painting and 2 pirates but those are a bit bigger I think. There is a little rowingboat with TinTin and the captain but those figures are a bit smaller, more 1:32 scale.

Just have to suffer some more meals I guess... Twisted Evil

GWhizz

Dupont et Dupond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dupont et Dupond   Dupont et Dupond EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:48 pm

I'm almost tempted to go to MacDonalds. I doubt the promo is running in French McD though, they seem to be very insulated from global McD.

www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.frenchgardenrailways.com
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

Dupont et Dupond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dupont et Dupond   Dupont et Dupond EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Yes... cheers

I've been to Macdo too and got (thanks to my daughter of course...) Tintin who pops up out of a crate. That'll be at railexpo.

French Macdo is crazy about them.

Also we're collecting the tokens from Carrefour, they're doing similar figures.

I want a Captain Haddock to use as a train driver.

Clive would be mad here. Happy meal in one hand a packet of green stuff in the other. Wink
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

Dupont et Dupond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dupont et Dupond   Dupont et Dupond EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:56 pm

Here are all figures: Tintin figures
Looks like the pirates are a bit smaller as I remember from the Mac...
I hope I get my hands on the captain figure and TinTin in the box.

If I'm correct the figures come in France: McDonalds Fance /TINTIN

Admin
Carl Hibbs

Dupont et Dupond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dupont et Dupond   Dupont et Dupond EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:00 pm

...and here's the promo for Carrefour.

http://static.carrefour.fr/static/cfr/catalogue/01_market/2011/1026_tintin/TRAFIC43_F1/index.html

...Hey forget the meal at the Campanile hotel. It's everyone down to Macdonalds Friday and Saturday. bounce
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

Dupont et Dupond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dupont et Dupond   Dupont et Dupond EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:03 pm

Good to hear that Carl, now I certainly make a stop over at the Mac on my way to France friday. Just need to figure out a way how I can let the others all eat Happy Meals... Razz Or to shop in a Carrefour...

The Carrefour figures looks even better than the Mac figures.

Admin
Carl Hibbs

Dupont et Dupond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dupont et Dupond   Dupont et Dupond EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:07 pm

I think you can ask nicely for a change of 'children's toy' in the happy meal citing that your beloved will scream if he or she get's the same figure again.

I was tempted to ask another dining family if their child really did want the figure and even thought about stealing it from the 3 year old who was oblivious to it's real value..... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
clive_t

clive_t

Dupont et Dupond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dupont et Dupond   Dupont et Dupond EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 8:49 pm

Carl Hibbs wrote:

Clive would be mad here. Happy meal in one hand a packet of green stuff in the other. Wink
I'd sooner eat the green stuff... pale

Interesting figures though...

Clive

Fat Controller of the Great Unfinished Railway, formerly the S&CGR
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAttlLHn3pZsTFrQUt00rgQ
Paulus

Paulus

Dupont et Dupond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dupont et Dupond   Dupont et Dupond EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:00 pm

Quote :
I was tempted to ask another dining family if their child really did want the figure and even thought about stealing it from the 3 year old who was oblivious to it's real value....

lol!
That sound so familiar!

Dupont et Dupond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dupont et Dupond   Dupont et Dupond EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 5:43 am

Quite a coincidence. I decided two weeks ago that if my loco was to appear at Villebon it least ought to have crew and a fall plate. I already had one driver in stock but my wife found one of the cheapest new recruits was Captain Haddock purchased from the TinTin Shop in Covent Garden, London.

I really thought he would be the only Captain Haddock driving at Villebon and now I find that everyone will have one . clown
Back to top Go down
dtsteam

dtsteam

Dupont et Dupond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dupont et Dupond   Dupont et Dupond EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:31 pm

Looks like the Tin Tin shop has a website - thanks for mentioning it David.
http://www.thetintinshop.uk.com/acatalog/Plastic_Figures_and_Keyrings.html
Back to top Go down
KleineDicke

KleineDicke

Dupont et Dupond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dupont et Dupond   Dupont et Dupond EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 6:18 pm

When my daughters were of the appropriate age to have an interest in Happy Meal toys, one could simply buy the toy for about $1 without a meal purchase. Not all McDs would do this, but many would.

I also remember buying Happy Meals on my business trips to France just to get the toys for my kids - usually different toys than the US McDs offered. Of course, I got my meal a emporter; no way I was going to sit in the restaurant scarfing down two happy meals.

Now McD and the other fast food chains here are under fire from self-appointed healthy eating Nazis for offering toys as an inducement to buy unhealthy food.

"It is one of the happiest characteristics
of this glorious country that official utterances are invariably
regarded as unanswerable."
-Sir Joseph Porter, First Lord of the Admiralty (HMS Pinafore)
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

Dupont et Dupond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dupont et Dupond   Dupont et Dupond EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:04 pm

KleineDicke wrote:
no way I was going to sit in the restaurant scarfing down two happy meals.

That's where the McDrive kicks in pirat

Admin
Carl Hibbs

Dupont et Dupond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dupont et Dupond   Dupont et Dupond EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 10:01 pm

Ah...here by lies a tale.

In a quest to get more of these 'free' figures I stopped at Macdo in Vernon...and yes I ordered a Happy Meal for me at 4€.

But when I opened the box, no figure...just a stupid plastic telescope. The restaurant was pretty full being lunchtime but I was determined to get a figure.

So what ensued was a lively argument at the counter in front of a bemused audience.

No figures though, "We only have telescopes and plastic boats left".

The better news is that Carrefour may sell theirs off cheaply when the promotion finishes Monday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dupont et Dupond Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dupont et Dupond   Dupont et Dupond Empty

Back to top Go down

Dupont et Dupond
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Continental Garden Trains :: Continental Garden Trains index :: Trackwork, Model figures, buildings and accessories-
Jump to: