Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

lazy grange bay

Go down 
+6
k&nwlr
French Chuffed
fm12
Carl Hibbs
GWhizz
mike
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tram47

lazy grange bay  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 2:38 pm

we are fortunate to know the leaders of the firm REDUTEX

http://www.redutex.com/

we may meet in Barcelona in February 2013.
We can send them your possible orders, and send them to you.
In France, only the HO and N products are available.

For LGB, we need to organize!

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-**-*--**-*-*-*-*-*--**-*-
nous avons la chance de connaître les responsables de la firme REDUTEX

http://www.redutex.com/

nous les rencontrerons peut-être à Barcelone en février 2013 .
Nous pouvons leur transmettre vos éventuelles commandes , et vous les faire parvenir .
En France , seuls les produits H.O. et N sont disponibles .

Pour le LGB , il nous faut nous organiser !!!
Back to top Go down
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:08 pm

windows recessed in ,roof added, individual tiles, wire brushed the foam bord to give texture for slate.. sign added ..still loads to do
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1130982
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1130985
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1130991
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1130997
Back to top Go down
http://www.lazygrangebay.co.uk/
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:51 pm

That Guiness sign is marvelous! Good find!
Back to top Go down
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:57 pm

they are metal "postcards" fROM a garden center paul.. papper backing to write on, on the back side.. but yes.. looks the bussnes santa
Back to top Go down
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 4:51 pm

gutter, drainpipes, brackets soil pipes and flue pipe added ..stone lintels painteds, door ect
getting there.. i likes it
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140027
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140042
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140015
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140008
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140007
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140005
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140004
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140003
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140002
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140001
Back to top Go down
French Chuffed

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:09 am

AMASING! masterclass in how to do it, keep up the good -and interesting- work.
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Excellent, and the scratchbuilt modelling blends with the proprietory models and the real scenery too.

In the last pic are the hills and houses actual?

If so....fantastic view.
If not....well painted backscene!

N.B. Are you going to have an actual 'Fanny' (figure) in the fish shop? Laughing

Back to top Go down
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 5:53 pm

the hills are real carl.. and yes.. fannys will be busy
Photobucket
Back to top Go down
chesterra

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Hello, everybody. I've recently found this forum, it's great! I've found a lot of useful information for me. I am just in a process of planning my garden railway and of course there are more questions than answers now. I dare ask you some of them. The 1st question - how do you make asphalt road? Mike, your streets look very natural, could you share your secret with me? It's very important for me, 'cause my grandson is fond of cars and I'm planning some streets and highways as well.
Back to top Go down
chesterra

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Sorry, I've found the answer, I wasn't too attentive reading this topic the 1st time.
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 4:41 pm

chesterra wrote:
Hello, everybody. I've recently found this forum, it's great!

lazy grange bay  - Page 3 476590 lazy grange bay  - Page 3 29393

Back to top Go down
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 4:52 pm

it important to have fun, esoecially with the childeren... its shed roofing felt,, and thanks
santa came early today..cos im a good lad i am.. curtasty of master builder, ian .s
the staranglers hands
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 537715_10200115235904846_1931097177_n1_zpsf0a21ec2
Back to top Go down
tram47

tram47

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 7:20 pm

study Россия является большим!
место ?
Back to top Go down
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 7:34 pm

er.. Question
Back to top Go down
chesterra

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 10:17 pm

Thank all of you for the warm reception. So, I've decided to ask one more question very important for me, maybe you could give me advice. Sometimes we have very cold winters and the frost line is about 1.5 m. I'm thinking about a problem of bridge abutments and peers, how should I construct them and do I have to deepen them lower than 1.5 m? I understand that you have never come across such a problem but you've got an experience and knowledge.
And sorry, Mike, for entering your topic, but your railway is perfect, fabuluos scenery (and bridges)!
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 9:24 am

In colder parts of our world building codes take frost line (aka frost depth) into account because of frost heaving which can damage buildings by moving their foundations. Foundations are normally built below the frost depth for this reason.

However, in our case it all depends on how and with what materials you want to build your railway. On the forum MyLargeScale.com there are many views and opinions on this topic, since modelrairoaders from Alaska or Vermont face different problems (more like you in Russia) as others that have milder climates (like us in Western Europe).

Interesting topic for example:Track roadbed and the fight against frost heave that have some nice advices on how to prevent frost heaves by preparing the surface before building the railway. Some precautions looks overdone in our eyes but most likely are a must in the regions you live.

It also depends on how big or small you want your layout to be:
Living in a mostly reasonable climate I used the trackbed method described in the article: "Concrete Roadbed, not as hard as one think". I found it very helpfull and the theory I follow is that when frost heave does occur it 'moves' the railway with the rest of the surface. That principle works for me because I have a small railway. For bigger railways I can imagine that some parts move more than others (depending on the frost heave in that part) and therefore cracks and other damage occur.

My sugestion is, when you want to build a bigger layout and only anchor your viaducts below the frost depth these will stay in place while the rest of the railway can move due to frost heave. So you could choose to anchor your trackbed as well or to take annual trackrepairs for granted.
Best you could indeed prepare the surface to lower the risk of frost heaves as described in the mentioned topic.

Off course there are other options, like raised track but this is also influenced by frost heave (there is a picture in the mentioned topic on how different shapes of fencepoles react to frost heave). I remember a garden -railway I believe from Alaska- that uses this method.

Hopefully this was somewhat helpfull...

Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 9:50 am

Paulus wrote:
I remember a garden -railway I believe from Alaska- that uses this method.

Found it again! It was in Copper Centre, Alaska: CRD Model Railroad / Worlds Farthest North Garden Railway or
click her for topic on MLS (lots a pics and info).
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 317298
Back to top Go down
chesterra

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 25, 2012 7:39 pm

Paulus, many thanks! I'm really very grateful for your links, I've looked through all of them, seem very interesting and useful, I'm coming to read with great attention. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 8:17 am

mike wrote:
it important to have fun, esoecially with the childeren... its shed roofing felt,, and thanks
santa came early today..cos im a good lad i am.. curtasty of master builder, ian .s
the staranglers hands
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 537715_10200115235904846_1931097177_n1_zpsf0a21ec2

This is a fine piece of modelling that would grace any garden railway...even one in Normandy!
Back to top Go down
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 9:11 pm

chesterra wrote:
Thank all of you for the warm reception. So, I've decided to ask one more question very important for me, maybe you could give me advice. Sometimes we have very cold winters and the frost line is about 1.5 m. I'm thinking about a problem of bridge abutments and peers, how should I construct them and do I have to deepen them lower than 1.5 m? I understand that you have never come across such a problem but you've got an experience and knowledge.
And sorry, Mike, for entering your topic, but your railway is perfect, fabuluos scenery (and bridges)!

no problem,, and thank you
Back to top Go down
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 6:42 pm

christmas came and went.. new badgage coach is tested, new matching coach ordered day after new year.. well, iv not had anyrthing all year bounce
starrted on arkwrights.. tags been on the phon,e happy with fannys.. so its in a mag..
same proceda .pencil it out, mark out, scribe, and cut.. windows fitted behind the brick work,
might add more stone lintles to this one.. and a ginnal, and a 45% side door entransce..
makes it more intresting ..well to me
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140188_zps0fedc336
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140196_zps7db480db
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140225_zpsa36e1ecc
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140229_zpsd073c84b
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140233_zps8984f7c5
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140236_zps405e46ca
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140238_zps973a56a5
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140242_zpsb1ebc8f0
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140244_zps9e986866
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140248_zpsc44127ab
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140250_zps219da98a
Back to top Go down
Paulus

Paulus

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:36 pm

Nice detail that brickwork window.

This is a great image btw!! Background and models come together perfectly!
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140196_zps7db480db
Back to top Go down
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 6:29 pm

cheers paulus
called in to see old one sugar.. and check on progress. no his.. mine..
arkwrights contiunes, passengers instaled ,coach rebuilt, and tested..
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140298_zpse1b8a8b6
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140271_zps4afe4025
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140309_zps5ad427d2
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140310_zps5902b001
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140316_zps11b0b3d2
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140332_zps49fe25ca
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140337_zps55a71b8a
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140339_zpsbd29d179
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140343_zps3cbe052a
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140346_zpse6014c9e
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140347_zps3d8f0d23
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140355_zps63c83dc4
Back to top Go down
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:04 pm

moist out, damed cold in too .bit more on the new shop.. internal walls, cills, ect added.
small steps// cos ive small legs!
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140431_zps4c824887
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140430_zpsdb7b4ec1
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140435_zps7a8a3189
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140411_zps32783ef2
Back to top Go down
mike

mike

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 8:56 pm

seems ive britons best station tolets cyclops
acording to tag, in this months garden rail..hopeto see the mag soon..
snow is here and its blumming cold.. started on the interuia detailing of arkwrights.. its going
to be more visable, than fannys.. so requires more .
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140503_zpse34f5dcb
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140499_zpsf828b076
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140501_zps57abfc8b
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140498_zps1142faf2
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140493_zpsa03d7a06
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140490_zps78868ff2
lazy grange bay  - Page 3 P1140489_zpsc0f3fe48
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 7:22 am

The buildings are really excellent, the corner door detail especially .....and Huntley and Palmer's Coronation biscuits.... scratch
Where on the earth did you get (or how did you make....) those? Don't tell me in Reading.

Love the model snow too, very realistic but a bit overdone though. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lazy grange bay    lazy grange bay  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

lazy grange bay
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next