Continental Garden Trains
Guests can read but log in to post
Guests can read but log in to post
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the average enthusiast of trains in garden scale.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wish Regner would rerun the Stainz kit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
artfull dodger

Wish Regner would rerun the Stainz kit Empty
PostSubject: Wish Regner would rerun the Stainz kit   Wish Regner would rerun the Stainz kit EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 2:39 pm

I wish Herr Regner would rerun the green cab version of the Stainz kit. I am building a garden line based somewhat on the line that the Stainz runs on. I would love to have the live steam version of my LGB one. I know they did 2 version, one green and more similar to the LGB one and one that had a black cab. I saw the advert for the black one on the USA distributor's site just as it went out of production. I hope to be able to afford the U series they currently offer in live steam before it goes out of production. Need a darn payment plan for these things! One would have thought the green cab version of the Stainz live steamer would have been quite popular and stayed in the range much longer. To bad Roundhouse doesnt see this and offer a 45mm gauge only Stainz with either walscherts valve motion, like most of the LGB Stainz's have or maybe a simulated Allen straight link that the real one has, but fixed in one direction and reversing done via a reversing block between the frames. Cheers Mike
Back to top Go down
artfull dodger

PostSubject: Re: Wish Regner would rerun the Stainz kit   Wish Regner would rerun the Stainz kit EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 3:17 pm

Thru the search, I found Paul's thread on finding one of these locos, well chuffed Paul! I have a sneaking feeling my garden line will develope much like Pauls Stainz powered line has. Ever since my aunt and uncle brought me a Stainz powered starter set home from one of thier trips to Germany to see family. While that set is long gone, fell victim to one of my many whims in modeling. I am going back to a Stainz powered line outdoors. I just cant escape this cute little engines charm. Short of owning a live steam Regner version, I really hope to travel to Austria around my 50th birthday (about 10.5 years away) and operate the real one! Once I graduate from college and starting making enough funds to pursue one of these. I will be on the market for one and needing help tracking one down. But thats about 2 years away currently. But if one does turn up, by all means let me know. I might be able to scrap up funding. Mike
Back to top Go down
Carl Hibbs
Admin
Carl Hibbs

PostSubject: Re: Wish Regner would rerun the Stainz kit   Wish Regner would rerun the Stainz kit EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Mike,
Welcome to the forum.

The Regner Stainz was a little overscale compared to the LGB version as you will have read on Paul's thread.

I thought it was a great model. I have a Chiemseebahnlok which is virtually identical except from the tram body. It is a real character to run.

There were 2 Stainz builds if I remember and the latter were better runners.
If you ask Manfred Regner they may make a small production run. He has done that before with models.

I will keep an eye out for any that come up here. There were a few French modellers who bought them.
Back to top Go down
artfull dodger

PostSubject: Re: Wish Regner would rerun the Stainz kit   Wish Regner would rerun the Stainz kit EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 5:07 pm

I dont mind the slight scale differances, and I would have my uncle, who speaks fluent German, email Regner, But I know what the kits sold for when one could get one and its way beyond my means right now. A used example would probably be more closer to what I might be able to afford. Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wish Regner would rerun the Stainz kit   Wish Regner would rerun the Stainz kit Empty

Back to top Go down

Wish Regner would rerun the Stainz kit
Page 1 of 1